.17HMR Meet-Up

CZ550Kevlar

With all these ever increasing .17HMR claims and challenges being put up i have been giving serious thoughts to them.

To this end i`m looking to go out to one of my fields and test some of them out, but then i thought what is the fun of that so i`m now thinking of organizing one day for a group to meet up with .17HMR`s put some targets up and see first hand what happens rather than using video cameras etc.

If anyone is interested i think we should do it as i for one am intrigued.

Vehicles are allowed on the field and it is cleared for .17HMR so closed licences aren`t left out, also there is a huge backstop some 30 metres high and 100 metres wide, I will also set fencing pins up along the 300 metres at 0 100 200 300 metres points with barricade tape on to give a wind indication but it shouldn't be too bad as the field i have in mind is flanked on 2 sides by trees which cut the wind down a lot.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I'm in.

Can we bring some big stuff as well?

Wanted to keep it as a .17HMR day only seeing as every myth and legend post that comes up on this forum always seems to be about this caliber, i have this caliber and never tried any of these claims so i want them put to bed, especially so that the next member who says i circumcised a humming bird at 300 metres with a .17hmr because it was the best tool for the job will get filled in with what this caliber can actually do.

I`m thinking August/Semtember for month and we need a few challenges that are boasted about but always dismissed.

I'd love to join in, I think the .17hmr is a great 150 yard rabbit gun,

I couldn't have put it better, I can't wait to meet some 300yd experts :lol:

Actually this could be a really good day out, sandwiches, ice-boxes and cold cokes, rifles and some PW company, if the sun shines it will be memorable.

I think we need the BIG boasts about the caliber, i`m not talking 705 yard crows and such like i mean coke cans at 300 metres and 200 metres? any other boasts that have been put on the forum over the years that need to be tested and either hailed as the miracle caliber or dismissed without reason. Can anyone help?

With all these ever increasing .17HMR claims and challenges being put up i have been giving serious thoughts to them.

To this end i`m looking to go out to one of my fields and test some of them out, but then i thought what is the fun of that so i`m now thinking of organizing one day for a group to meet up with .17HMR`s put some targets up and see first hand what happens rather than using video cameras etc.

If anyone is interested i think we should do it as i for one am intrigued.

Vehicles are allowed on the field and it is cleared for .17HMR so closed licences aren`t left out, also there is a huge backstop some 30 metres high and 100 metres wide, I will also set fencing pins up along the 300 metres at 0 100 200 300 metres points with barricade tape on to give a wind indication but it shouldn't be too bad as the field i have in mind is flanked on 2 sides by trees which cut the wind down a lot.

hi fella if us northen monkeys are aloud to come we have 3 at min you got any dates in mind yet