.17HMR Meet-Up

CZ550Kevlar

No, this...

:good: Nice one. I have a friend who has his own shooting range, he has 100, 200 and 300 yards ranges( Built for his .243) . He recently moved onto a hmr form a .22lr, and not having read a lot of the bull **** on here didnt know what it could and couldn't do.

He zeroed it at 100 yards and was doing more or less same hole groups.( he is the most naturally good shot i have met...EVER)

Incidentally he used a fallen tree to line the bunker, the hmr round not only didnt shatter but out of 20 odd rounds 5-6 went right through 16" of tree trunk!!!

then without adjusting the zero, he shot the 200 yards range and got pretty much the same result on the target.

then again without adjusting the zero, he did it again at 300 yards and got a good 3" group with no holder over

This was all quite innocently done, and upon shooting with him recently....outshoots me everytime and regularly takes rabbits out to 225+......where i can only just see them!!!

All the shots including targets were taken sitting in his landy shooting out of the window, I cant wait to see what he can do with his newly acquired .243!!!! :oops:

Next tiem i go up to shoot with him Ill ask him to repeat this feat and record it for properity.The gun is a cz american, and ill find out later what the scope is.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated, totally genuine, he waves his willy at no-one, he kills 1000's of rabbits every year at silly ranges, he has 300 adult boas to feed and has in excess of 3500 acres to do it from.

Not a member of any forums and as such hasnt read what the HMR can and cant do. I wouldnt like to be in a competition against him. Hes making no claims , just what i stated, I genuinly believe that he has a natural ability to hold over without realising he can do it.If bob300w was still on here, despite us having our differences he would support me and tell you what a great shot he is. I believe he took 50+ bunnies in one night with bob and bob made no qualms about telling me how much better he was than me :lol::lol::lol:

Incidentally he used a fallen tree to line the bunker, the hmr round not only didnt shatter but out of 20 odd rounds 5-6 went right through 16" of tree trunk!!!

The clue here is probably in the "fallen Tree" and how many rounds he fired, tenderising it, but they did go through, i witnessed the back of the log myself.

then without adjusting the zero, he shot the 200 yards range and got pretty much the same result on the target.

One thing i have seen john do is shoot an apple at 200 yards, that takes some doing!

Dunk, youre a pretty good shot, s why dont you come along and be other other "sensible" person?

Edited by Evil Elvis

Looks like the targets are getting bigger...the OP stated a coke can, now we're onto rabbit size targets. :yes:

Ive never stated I could hit a coke can at 300 ayrds but did say i could hit a rabbit at 284 which i intend to prove to shut up certain disbelieving ******** on here, and ones that have been banned but still here.

I will however have a go at the coke can. :yes:

Dunk, youre a pretty good shot, s why dont you come along and be other other "sensible" person?

Flattery will get you everywhere..

I wouldn't say I was particularly good shot, although with a bit of effort I can be sensible, but I am sure Kent must have at least one sensible person that make it along on the day.

I went out for a go at 200yds today and fell at the first fence, my scope wouldn't focus at 200 on full magnification, a result of it being re-parallaxed for air-rifle / rimfire ranges some time ago. So that was a dead loss, shot some rabbits instead.

At home I've adjusted the scope back to factory setings, or close to them, focus is now fine past 200yds.

To console myself I ran some figures through the ballistic calculator. Scary numbers. At 300yds I'll need 36" holdover from my 100yd zero, a 10mph full value wind will push the bullet 39", and worst of all, the bullet drops 10" between 275 and 300yds.

Add the fact that the bullet is transonic before 300yds, and flight time is over 0.5 seconds.

I feel this will be challenging.

Still, it'll be a nice day near the seaside :)

I would be willing to help the northern lads if there is any room i dont have a 17hmr i have a 17 rem with a 6x24x56 zeiss scope and rabbits & crows at 200 / 300 yds are the norm would this rifle be allowed in the 17 hmr classes

Mark

Nice off topic but nice :good:

Add the fact that the bullet is transonic before 300yds, and flight time is over 0.5 seconds.

I feel this will be challenging.

Still, it'll be a nice day near the seaside :)

I can help you out with this point, as long as EE nails them down properly the targets won't move ;)

• 2 weeks later...