.17HMR Meet-Up

CZ550Kevlar

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The arguement all started when I shot a rabbit at 284 yards, an ex memeber who still comes on here, started calling me a liar blah blah blah etc, The shot was witnessed (by a police officer)and measured by a range finder (which I still have and will bring, we could compare a few), I held over on the mildots and shot off a pod, the end result was one shot, one kill, and if i remember rightly even claimed it was proabbaly a fluke at the time!. I also shot a magpie at 160+ which landed on another rabbit i had just shot.

I was then challenged to do the coke can thing, I thought it would be a laugh at first but the first offer I couldnt take up as I was working, and the subsequent one. The taunts then became more and more hostile and abusive so i gave up on the idea.

Id like to shoot a life sized rabbit target at that exact range.

I was also taunted about my shooting of the 300 yard plus rabbit with a .222, witnessed by 2 people, and measured but nooooo I must be lying, 300 yards isnt that difficult with the .222 and have taken further since but due to certain *** holes othat were on here at the time: didnt bother to post about it.So i wouldnt mind bringing the .222 if its ok? :yes:

Edited by Evil Elvis

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it due to several things. I would have loved to have had the chance to show that I am a little more than just talk! :no:

However, I will certainly be interested in hearing how things went on - Especially if those "Northern Ladies" show the "Southern Pansies" how it should be done, which I am sure that they can! There's more to the "Northern Ladies" than just clogs and black puddings you know! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy

I'm not a particularly good shooter, but did set up some 300yd targets with the hmr once for a laugh. Zeroed out to 150 and used an old car bonnet as a target, moved out to 200 and it had dropped about 12". By the time I'd got out to 300yd the only way I could see the centre of the paper plate I was aiming at was by shimming the scope mounts with a coke can. It'll do it, but setting up an hmr for shots like this renders it useless for anything else I reckon. I know that my hmr was zeroed at 90yds for field use, but a rabbit at around 300yds would probably be about a 3ft+ hold over which makes it a practical round out to 180 yards maximum in the field. Anyway, I shoot .22lr for bunnies now - hope you guys earn mored than me as a day plinking with those is going to cost you!

My .17 fireball however was a different story :D

Edited by jcf1

Hang on......Is this a serious argument or a bunch like minded people meeting up to have a laugh?????

This is by no means designed as an serious argument, and it is not having a laugh, it is a bunch of like minded people having a serious laugh??.... No wait got that wrong.

It is designed to bring together a selection of rifles, Optics, Ammunition & operators to see what varying results there are and if any of these myths can be proven as a reliable & obtainable result or just plain fluke and don`t bother ever trying type thing. It`s not a scientific experiment by any means but should give a reliable example of what this caliber actually does for different people.

In his defence he is at least offering to go along.

Most of the internet super snipers are very much MIA when it comes to putting their money where their mouths are :rolleyes:

True.

How many people would volunteer to replicate their personal best ?

Fair play to him.