.17HMR Meet-Up

CZ550Kevlar

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I'll have ANOTHER £20 that EE can't hit a bunny target at 284 yards.

charityshootphoto.jpg

I did it at 300 when we last had a 17HMR day as wookie and zapp will be pleased to confirm, you remember that post dont you :good:

mind you EE 284 :hmm: your monies safe Matt :lol:

Edited by pavman

Iv never even looked at 300yards through the scope on my HMR before so not to sure what it would even look like !

But what sort of groups have people had at 200 yards....Those that have tryed ? is it possible to even get a 4" group at 200 yards ? :hmm:

I think am going to have to have a session with the HMR and explore its capabilitys more (and mine)

Ive only ever shot out to 120 yards max !

Iv never even looked at 300yards through the scope on my HMR before so not to sure what it would even look like !

But what sort of groups have people had at 200 yards....Those that have tryed ? is it possible to even get a 4" group at 200 yards ? :hmm:

I think am going to have to have a session with the HMR and explore its capabilitys more (and mine)

Ive only ever shot out to 120 yards max !

I can't say about 200yds, but it's well capable at 160, my personal best rabbit is 158 and it was spot on, very good conditions though.

I'm not a great shot, so if I can do it at 158, better shots can do it at 200 or further.

I really hope I can make this meet, could learn a lot.

there is some info on the post wookie put up about the very subject when we did it, must be a while back, pics an all, Zapp sort it out mate :yes:

Here it is;

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/81608-what-scope-for-those-300-yard-shots

Good thread, some gems in there including an HMR that shoots flat at 100,200 and 300yds, and Ackleys tips on 500yd foxes at night. :lol:

In his defence he is at least offering to go along.

Most of the internet super snipers are very much MIA when it comes to putting their money where their mouths are

Thanks dude, in reality I have never "waved my willy" and made ridiculous claims with the hmr....i once STATED that i hit a rabbit at 284yards that was PROBABLY A FLUKE!!

How the **** is that willy waving?

Edited by Evil Elvis

Yes and I'll have ANOTHER £20 that EE can't hit a bunny target at 284 yards.

If you are not prepared to put your money where your mouth is and join us then i dont see how you have any right to barrack anyone, youve never shot live game with me so how the hell do you know what I'm capable of?

Come on ME....Man or Mouse?

Thanks dude, in reality I have never "waved my willy" and made ridiculous claims with the hmr....i once STATED that i hit a rabbit at 284yards that was PROBABLY A FLUKE!!

How the **** is that willy waving?

I wasn't referring to you, and I didn't mantion willy waving..

But having said that, you could do with re-reading the thread from 2009 linked further up :blush:

Dunk if you mean this:

Interesting write up!!! I doubt even with my 6-24x50 that i could see a bunny at 300 yards let alone hit it!!!! But all the shots i have claimed, the max is 225yards on a hare are all measured with the bushnell laser finder.And lets face it, a hare aint a little target!!

That was before I shot 284yards. 225yards is really not that difficult.again i dont think that was willy waving, a hare is a big target as stated.

Id tell you about the field of them I cleared at ranges of over 300 yards with my .222 but someone would say it couldnt be done so i wont bother :lol: