Cleaning?

Sloter

Okay after my last post about brass jags i guess i should ask about cleaning?

The place where i bought my gun from sold me bisley bronze brush and wool mop and bisley gun oil. i was told that to clean the gun, spray some gun oil in the barrels then 3 or 4 pulls through with the bronze brush followed by a pull through with the mop with some gun oil on it then a quick spray on the ejectors a wipe down the barrels with an oily cloth and job done!

So my question is am i doing this right? :lol:

i'm no expert mate, but i wouldnt put bronze brush through after each use, but it depends what cartridges you use too, i always use a 3ft rod that is fluffy all the way down run that through a few times, then finaly a light oil for the last pull. (spotless every time) if your barrel gets very leaded up, then use the bronze brush to get the deposits off. but yes just lightly oil the outer barrels. Dont take what i've said as gospal just wait to hear what others have to say, thats what i do though.

regards

mick

A phosphur bronze brush will be ok in a modern gun barrel particularly if it is cromed as most are I beleive. I find that plast wad cartridges foul my barrel significantly more than fibre and realy do need a good brusing after every time out.

The way I clean is to squirt some gun oil in to the bore from an old fashioned oil can (cheaper than sprays) then brus a few times.

Get my jag and wrap it tight with 9 patches of inch thick cleaning roll. I then oil the roll and pull through it will be quite tight and I remove the chokes if I have above 1/2 fitted as it has a tendancy to jam at the choke and you dont want to push the contaminated patch back through.

Then get my jag and wrap it tight with 9 patches of inch thick cleaning roll again. This time dont oil the patches just keep pulling them through until they come out clean.

Finaly pull through a wool mop with a fresh coat of oil on it. Not to much just enough to smear the barrel and no more

Put gun away

Get gun out

Then get my jag and wrap it tight with 9 patches of inch thick cleaning roll again. Dont oil the patches just pull through once before firing to prevent the build up of any excessive pressures.

Or put it away dirty get it out and use it clean it once every 1000 rounds or so the choice is yours dependant on how much time you have or if you can be botherd.

Dave