##############

svloopy

Hi can anyone tell me if this firm (decoying).co.uk is still in business?. Brackets not included in address but had to insert them to get it to show up here.

Am wanting to buy a pigeon magnet and have emailed them and tried phoning, but cant get any answer.

Was advised to get a magnet with an adjustable motor height and this is the only ones I can find.

Many thanks

Edited by svloopy

See companies house link here This is for ############## LTD

The status is "Active - Proposal to Strike off", don't know what this means.

Edit: added company name.

It usually means that even though the company is still in existence,they have not submitted their tax returns,and companies house are looking to remove their status as a ltd company,and remove the company name.

This situation is regularly used by companies who have stopped but cannot afford the fees to wind their company up,so they just wait for companies house to do it for them.

Or they could just be having a cash flow problem and will sort it all out before they are struck off :rolleyes:

I ordered a pigeon magnet a couple of weeks ago. I've been getting hold of them on the phone, and they keep reassuring me that its on its way, but no show yet. They have answered the phone each time I've called them, but I would forget about emailing them. They said to me last Thursday that they've struggled putting together all the magnet packages, but had caught up on Thursday and the last of the backed up orders had gone out that afternoon via DPD courier. I've had no sign of mine yet, and if its not here by Thursday, I'll be going for a refund.

Also - re the companies house thing. It could be as Welsh1 has said, but it could equally mean that they have submitted a proposal to strike off the company themselves...

Edited by jimmyb79

I ordered a pigeon magnet a couple of weeks ago. I've been getting hold of them on the phone, and they keep reassuring me that its on its way, but no show yet. They have answered the phone each time I've called them, but I would forget about emailing them. They said to me last Thursday that they've struggled putting together all the magnet packages, but had caught up on Thursday and the last of the backed up orders had gone out that afternoon via DPD courier. I've had no sign of mine yet, and if its not here by Thursday, I'll be going for a refund.

Also - re the companies house thing. It could be as Welsh1 has said, but it could equally mean that they have submitted a proposal to strike off the company themselves...

After all the threads on here about them, and notwithstanding that the site sponsor who is good enough to help fund this good forum happens to sell all manner of decoying equipment you decided to place an order with these lot :rolleyes:

Serves you right :lol:

After all the threads on here about them, and notwithstanding that the site sponsor who is good enough to help fund this good forum happens to sell all manner of decoying equipment you decided to place an order with these lot :rolleyes:

Serves you right :lol:

To be fair, I've used them quite a few times previously, and despite what I've read on here and many other places, I've never experienced a problem before. All my previous orders have arrived quickly and without hassle apart from some hide poles where the tops were broken, and it took a while for them to send replacements - no doubt I'll have been lucky up until now...

This time, however....not impressed.

• 6 months later...

I have the UKShootwarehouse lightweight Magnet and that is height sdjustable, give them a ring and make sure their current model is height adjustable.

:yes: and you'll actually get your goods, normally the day after you have ordered it.

I was in their new premises about 10 days ago, there was at least 3 magnets in the shop. I've no idea what stock was in the warehouse.

webber

As has been said above, they have the stuff. So i wonder, if you had paid for something, and it didnt turn up, if you just walked in their shop and took what you'd paid for, whether you'd be done for stealing. surely you cant steal something you've paid for?