What seat do use in your hide?

flytie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They hold allsorts like molasses/mangoes etc. a lot of `keepers use them for feeders,some even have a handy handle.

I just got my pressie from my sister from The US of A,a turkey hunters vest :lol: It looks the `nads :D

Will post a pic soon.

Any chance you know where I could find one?

FT

I use a large plastic bucket with snap on lid, it holds the base for my home made magnet and one big cammo net and fits into my rucksack with room to spare for decoys, magnet motor and battery. When shooting I pad the top of the bucket with the sacks intended for the outcome of the day and it all makes for comfortable shooting. I don't want to carry anything I don't need as it's a waste of energy, particularly if walking in to the shooting spot over heavy ground or long distances with the chance of a big bag of pigeons to bring out later !!.

Henry, I envy you not only your splendid new seat, but also the ability to get up and down from it! I need about 20" from ground to seat to allow my back to function, less than that and I am less than fluent (apart from the cursing) in rising to shoot. One of these 50 litre syrup buckets looks to a good bet but I keep googling and cannot find one. The search goes on :lol:

Ft

Henry, I envy you not only your splendid new seat, but also the ability to get up and down from it! I need about 20" from ground to seat to allow my back to function, less than that and I am less than fluent (apart from the cursing) in rising to shoot. One of these 50 litre syrup buckets looks to a good bet but I keep googling and cannot find one. The search goes on :D

Ft

The main intention of the new seat is to use in hedges with no hide etc.

I prefer this method sometimes as it allows you to move to a better spot if,say the wind changes.I also tend not to stand when in hedge bottoms,as there is no net to overcome.

I will use it though on long days in the hide on top of my bucket as it will help to ease the backache when there is nothing much doing and as it has no less than 18 :lol: pockets,I`m sure they will come in handy if I`m bored ie.hunt for the knife/string/mobile.......

Henry, I envy you not only your splendid new seat, but also the ability to get up and down from it! I need about 20" from ground to seat to allow my back to function, less than that and I am less than fluent (apart from the cursing) in rising to shoot. One of these 50 litre syrup buckets looks to a good bet but I keep googling and cannot find one. The search goes on :D

Ft

I went to my local hardware store and bought a kitchen waste bin flip top type 18" high only £5

a lid from a normal bucket fits it all goes into my pigeon bag as sold by our sponsors

i have a piece of 2" polystyrene as a seat cushion total height 20 " perfect. :lol::D:good:

Have now found the buckets, but they want to sell me 100. Will keep trying!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye, I too have one of our sponsors bags/bucket seat combinations. But I really do need the extra height, or the extra three inches as the actress said to the bishop :good:

Ft

FLY TIE TRY looking at game keeper suppilers

e.g solwayfeeders and you will find them

or any local to you :D

You are, as always, a top man RD!

Ft

RD, have just found the fruit/syrup containers on the solway site, they have a massive screw top that sticks up on them, does not look like a comfy seat to me. Perhaps my rear end is a trifle more sensitive than it should be :lol:

Ft

flytie Quote

Hawkeye, I too have one of our sponsors bags/bucket seat combinations. But I really do need the extra height, or the extra three inches as the actress said to the bishop smile.gif

the sponsors bucket seats are 14" high mine is nearly 20 " i needed the extra height because of my knees find this is ideal.

PS Thats an extra 6" as the actress said to the bishop :lol::D:good:

Edited by hawkeye

flytie Quote

Hawkeye, I too have one of our sponsors bags/bucket seat combinations. But I really do need the extra height, or the extra three inches as the actress said to the bishop smile.gif

the sponsors bucket seats are 14" high mine is nearly 20 " i needed the extra height because of my knees find this is ideal.

PS Thats an extra 6" as the actress said to the bishop :angry::angry::good:

Hawkeye, I will go and look at pedal bins as you suggest! It will need to be a belter as I am a big bloke and anything at all rickety could spell disaster.

Ft

flytie Quote

PS Thats an extra 6" as the actress said to the bishop :angry::angry::good:

Hawkeye, I will go and look at pedal bins as you suggest! It will need to be a belter as I am a big bloke and anything at all rickety could spell disaster.

Ft

well im just a small 6ft 1" and 18 stone they hold me ok

Check the hights on them though flytie even the 60 litre is only 22" high.

Co's I'm an old crip, I have adjusters on my chair at home which brings it up to 21", which is the critical height for me bertie. I can get away with 20", but 22" will seem like luxury especially if I can find a comfy waterproof cushion to go on top :angry::angry::good:

Ft

PS. I am 6' 1" and 19 stone on a bad week (mostly) :good:

Edited by flytie

now dont laugh i have used all sorte of seats buckets ,folding seats ,camping seats none of these i was happy with so i had an idea i went on ebay and bought one of those shakespear tackle boxs with the octoplus legs for a tenner best tenner ive ever spent i have found i can get all my decoys,nets flappers batterys in fact everthing i need and a good comfy seat which is adjustable in height and it doesent matter if the grounds uneven

now dont laugh i have used all sorte of seats buckets ,folding seats ,camping seats none of these i was happy with so i had an idea i went on ebay and bought one of those shakespear tackle boxs with the octoplus legs for a tenner best tenner ive ever spent i have found i can get all my decoys,nets flappers batterys in fact everthing i need and a good comfy seat which is adjustable in height and it doesent matter if the grounds uneven

It works when your fishing used for the same purpose why not :good: