• Down The Line
    • ABT
    • FITASC
    • Olympic Trap
    • Universal Trench
    • Double Trap
    • Olympic Skeet
    • Other

sporting clays as a rule ASCA skeet for fun, five stand for training, love em all realy

whats the diference between english sporting and over here sporting 9north american ) :huh: curious is i

Martin

Martin,

I've shot Sporting in USA, (San Antonio, Texas), I think the only difference is that in the USA it has to be shot gun down, whereas over here it can be shot gun up.

The layout's were very different though, with EVERY TARGET, (except a battue), being Orange, (even Mini's), and every stand being a pair of simmo targets, very different to the UK.

That may have changed now that a lot of layouts in the USA are being set out by guys from the UK.

Cat.

Martin,

I've shot Sporting in USA, (San Antonio, Texas), I think the only difference is that in the USA it has to be shot gun down, whereas over here it can be shot gun up.

The layout's were very different though, with EVERY TARGET, (except a battue), being Orange, (even Mini's), and every stand being a pair of simmo targets, very different to the UK.

That may have changed now that a lot of layouts in the USA are being set out by guys from the UK.

Cat.

i beleive the gun down thing has been left to the individual now as policing the rule became a nightmare

personaly i'll stick with gun down, gives the shooter a larger field of veiw to take in targets/speed and trajectory, we shoot many stations with differing pairs here EG you may have a quatering away bird L/R and a oscilating crosser starting at 45 yds out, can be a little devil when she goes out the whole way :good: , others could be a standard and mini, S.O.B. minis got rockets up their jacksy sometimes withthe wind on their tail , another i like is the poison bird pair, 2 orange and a white target thrown together you must break the orange for kills but if you hit the white bird no score that pair, quite amusing watching guys screw in the turkey chokes for that one :blink: :oops:

im hopeing to get down to Vegas after my trip home going to shoot a few birds down there with the boss for a weekend, should be a lot of fun :unsure:

Martin