Rape Stubble today

smig4373

Had an unexpected day off today so went in search of some woodies...Found a few floating around over some Rape stubble...Quick call to the farmer and got a day pass to shoot that field...Set up at 1pm..Slow going as first and quite hard...They weren't coming in to to pattern very well...Had magnet out at first...Eventually brought it in,took the arms off and pushed them in to the ground to use as make shift floaters...Seemed to work ok...Shot 2 birds with 1 shot TWICE..and had several left and rights.which always makes me smile..As the light began to dim,i put the magnet back out again..There were several 20/30 minute lulls but at the finish id shot 48 pigeons (45 picked) and 1 crow...A personal best for me shooting solo...Not a massive bag compared to you northern boys,but for Cornwall..That's a respectable bag..All in all...a great day..

CIMG6630.jpg

i did that once with the magnet arms in spring on the drillings, problem was the squares at the bottom got filled with soil which dried rock hard and meant that i couldnt get the arms back on the magnet next time i went out :oops:

Theres an attachment on the jack pike hide tool that fits perfectly in to the ends of the poles.. Didn't cause a problem getting them back over the lugs on the rotary...

nice work! where abouts in Cornwall are you. i live in the s. east near callington and the best ive ever had was a bag of around 30-40

I was shooting over by St Columb Major...Im based in Bodmin