1500 shots since February!

I was absolutely amazed today when I thought I had lost a case of 250 cartridges.Looking through my diary I realised I had used them!This is the first time I have kept a pigeon diary and looking back from February 22 nd I have fired 1500 shots at pigeon and a few crow.

This was a good time to check my shot to kill ratio so I totted up and found I had shot 587 by myself and shared a hide for another 700 birds.This figure I halved,which gives me 937 approx since Feb for 1500 shots.

As you can see ,I now have pigeon fever to go with my Goose fever!! No wonder a friend who was ,until his death, anti shooting,called me Farmageddon!! Gerard

Sam,I shoot the Wash between the Nene and Ouse rivers.I am a memeber of Fenland Wildfowlers and therefore most of my duck on the Ouse washes from Salters Lode to Sutton Gault.

For geese I use home rolled Hevi shot and home rolled bismuth through full choke in a Beretta Xtrema.I use this gun,and the same choke for pigeon.

For duck I use 3/4 oz bismuth and 1 oz bismuth reloads through 1/4 choke(moon) 3/4 choke at other times.I will try my 1 ounce load with fuul choke on the pattern plate this summer to see if she holds up.All my bismuth loads are buffered.Gerard