Newish Clay Shoot up Oxford way

Dunkield

I was talking to a decent shot at a shoot the other day, who rated all the grounds I rate, and he mentioned a new shooting ground close to the M40 above Oxford somewhere.

I didn't bother getting any more details as I thought it would be easy to find, I have had a quick poke round the web and can't find anything - does anyone know where it is, or have any details please??

It would be a Sporting ground, if that narrows it down a bit.

Edited by stuartp

Hi Stuart,

He may be talking about the World Sporting series? I think theres one just off the A34 at M40 J9.

Weston on the Green ?

We have one just above Banbury and I highly recommend it, great fun.

Basically you have 10 stands, 5 pairs on each stand, each stand is shot as follows:-

1) Trap one on pull, trap 1 on report

2) Trap 2 on pull, trap 2 on report

3) trap 1 on pull, trap 2 on report

4) Trap 2 on pull, trap 1 on report

5) Trap 1 & Trap 2 simultaneous

Sometimes they'll have 3 traps on a stand.

There's a handicap system which means that lower order shots can get into the prize money.

The one I've been to shoots 2nd Sunday of the month, drop me a PM if you want more info.

Stuart,

Yes, it's most probably the one at Weston on the Green, I've shot it a couple of times, they try hard, it's not over testing, all in a wooded setting with scorers on each stand.

They have one of the best website's for a shooting ground that I've ever visited, but for some reason they've been a bit slow recently in updating the shoot results.

Follow the link below:

http://www.clayshootingcompany.com/index.asp

It's worth a visit.

Cat.

Thanks for the replies, I drift in and out of clay shooting and I quite like shooting Valley View, but it's **** law that just as I fancy going there they shut down for the summer B) - hence trying to find somewhere else to go.

We go to Hornet from time to time, but also like to try out somewhere new if it is known to be good.

Stuart,

Shoot at Hornet myself quite regularly.

I was at West London today, and Di, one of the instructors said that their new ground was up and running near Bicester. Full location and details are available on the West London Shooting School website apparently.

Rob.