zeroing

mahmood

hi guys iam quite new to airguns and i am having tourble with zeroing. after i zeored the gun its still not hitting the point i see through the scope, its hitting to low and ive adjusted the scope to the maximum hieght it goes to and still its hitting low at about 3-4 cm, any help would be great.

mahmood

I once had this problem with a scope on my .22Rf the way I got round the problem was to place a piece of plastic between the scope tube and the mount.

As your scopes are hitting low, I suggest that the plastic insert should be placed on the rear mount.

If you cut up a spent 12 bore cartridge you will find that the plastic has a natural curve and is pliable.

Remember do not over tighten your mounts as this may damage your scopes.

Unfortunately this is the only method I know of.

Maybe some other people know of easier ways of righting the scope problem. Good Luck

Hi Mahmood,ok what scope is it,what rifle and what mounts?have you got a set of adjustable mounts,also how high are the mounts(ie how much clearance under the scope do you have to the top of the rifle?have you got a silencer fitted and if so is the pellet clipping that?did you fit the scope yourself?sorry thats alot of questions :blink: one thing to try is swapping the front and rear mount,also try turning the front and rear mount around on the rail,do this one at a time and try the rifle fter each adjustment it maybe somthing simple so the more details you can give the better,

Mahmood, the good advice already given will probably rectify it, if not, take the scope tube itself from the mounts, find the halfway clicks by turning the vertical turret clockwise to the limit,then count the clicks as you turn anti clockwise to the other limit, set the clicks halfway between these limits, then replace the tube after packing the rear mount above and below the tube with some thin plastic material. Trial and error will get you there, its a common prob easily solved, but as advised, dont overtighten, as shims tend to force the tube into an oval shape.