Cartridges

dunganick

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your favoured flavour of cartridge?

mines Blue Diamond fibre wad 28g 8's

I like Blue Diamonds, bit expensive now that they have bumped the price up from £116 to £128 a thousand.

I have just tried their White gold XLR 28gram 7.5, fibre wad cartridge, they are a lot cheaper, £106 a thou, & i have just beat my best score using them! Give them a go and see for yourself, you could save yourself some money.

how did you find the recoil on them?

we use the blue diamonds because they hit hard down range but are gentle on the face this end.

at one of the grounds i shoot at the white xlr's have a reputation for being anything but 'extra low recoil'

i used to use chevrons, which are very low recoil carts, but i could never hit anything with them, the only time ive ever noticed a cartridge letting me down (as opposed to the other and more normal way around)

I shot some XLR's recently although I am sure they were green :blush: The case certainly was. If they hadn't have gone bang you wouldn't know they had gone off. Lovely and sweet.

No good on a rangey going away bird though, you could hear the shot hitting the clay but it didn't break. I managed to break one which was shot with full choke just a it left the trap. But even then it only just broke. No dust.

I like and use Express and never really notice recoil.

I had some Winchester Silvers and to be honest I was glad to get rid of them, Hard hitting in all directions, clay, shoulder, and face.

Cheers

Martin

Do any of your clubs have own brand carts? Sporting Targets have their own branded ones made for them by Hull. They do push them if you ask for advice but they always have a decent stock and they are fairly cheap. If I am missing there are more things than the cartridge at fault :blush:

dunganick Posted Today, 04:34 PM

thats the normal xlr, intrestingly that also has a reputation for being very heavy recoiling down my way (certainly my experiance of it was a heavy recoiling one)

thats what ive found as well, i hate them with a passion. a brand to look out for is the new promatic range, great cartridges ive found, hard hitting and pretty soft on the shoulder as well!

you,v confused me , everyone i know uses no 6 shot, and yet none of you use that size.whats the advantage?surly no 6,s have more stopping power.

Micky,

You've missed the thread, matey - we're talking about cartridges for CLAYS, not WOODPIGEONS.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was shooting Gamebore Patriot 8's, but I'm told by my sponsor that they're no longer made, so I've gone back to using Express Super Comp 8's, 28gram, plaswad, (of course).

Early results seem to indicate that they're better at breaking clays than the Gamebore shells, they're cetainly softer on the shoulder, time will tell whether they're any better..??

Cat.

I am using RC1 no 8 28g at the moment. As Tenbears mentioned, Sporting Targets (where I do most of my clay busting) do their own brand, whic I also use. They are pretty cheap, and are made by Fiocci. I always use 8's, except for DTL, as I'm not good enough to give a t*ss about the relative benefits of one size over another!

I use Eley HB Pigeon 32g 6.5 or Rottweil 30g 5's for the real thing.

Pete