Cartridges

dunganick

i agree, the clear xlrs really are kickers and should be avoided like the plague but the blue diamonds are smooth as you like and the white gold xlrs are a good smooth ,hard hitting budget cartridge in fibre.

got myself 1000 winchester trap plas/wad today for £89 and again a good smooth budget cartridge that seem to dust 'em.

because of the recent rise in the price of lead i have become a bit stingey on price of cartridges blue diamonds f/w now cost £116 and white gold f/w are £100.

plinker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

shoot mostly 1oz #8s high velocity Kent 1300 on box chrono @ 1350-1360 consistantly through 30" 32" barrels, more than enough clout, other shells are kent super sporter's (shoulder benders) 1-1/8 oz #7.5s.

some winchester when on the range playing, some of you mentioned the gamebore XLR we used it a few times in 1-1/8 oz ,,,,,,,,,,, what a crock of ****, wholes in the pattern all over place, before you say its suposed to they arent where you want them, very irregular patterns given, the 10z on the other hand is awsome for range work and training, goo light load low recoil and regular pattern.

Martin

Hull Sovereign 7.5 24gr for Trap

Hull Sovereign 7.5 28gr DTL

Hull Pro1 9 24gr Skeet

Hull make some really good quality cartridges. Bought 500 Gamebore WhiteGold 28gr 7.5 and could not wait untill I had used them up- they are nasty and kick like a mule!

I will shoot any shells that are good for the money. Dont get me wrong though, there are some poor cartridges on the market. At the moment im shooting White Gold orignial 28g 7.5 and 9 shot in plas. there really good. I think ive used most cartridges over the years and when you have shot a few and got used to them i dont think you can blame it on the shell for missing. I try to stay up on competion grade cartridges and as some of the club loads are poor at long distance and speed, the cheap end of the market is not always the best. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished off a batch of Hull Pro fibre, 28g, 8's. They weren't bad at all for the price.

Just bought 1000 Express Pro fibres. Jesus they have gone up a few quid since I last bought them!

Hope they do the job. (Or is it the idiot behind the stock that matters)?

Rob.

Rob,

I have always used Express Por comp, which are the plastic wad version of what you have. They are superb. I have just tried some different ones which are Gamebore Blue Diamond and Eley Superb, both plastic wad and 8's.

I didn't notice any difference in performance between them apart from the eley's were softer on the shoulder.

Still managed to miss a few.

Cheers

Martin

Just finished off a batch of Hull Pro fibre, 28g, 8's. They weren't bad at all for the price.

Just bought 1000 Express Pro fibres. Jesus they have gone up a few quid since I last bought them!

Hope they do the job. (Or is it the idiot behind the stock that matters)?

Rob.

Rob,

I use Express HV Fibres and they are a pretty good cartridge, so those should be even better, they may knock you about a little more as the fibre doesn't doesn' soak up much recoil. I use to buy 500 plastic and 500 fibre depending on where I was shooting, but just can't be 4rsed these days so I use the fibres all the time...

I got the last 1,000 that Addenborne had at the old price, so I am dreading going back - he said expect a 20% price hike - but at least he had the decency to sell the old stock at the old price and not cash in :good:

I have been trying Blue diamonds, as I couldn't get Express last time I went to get some. I haven't had any misfires, but I have found them to be a bit punchy.

The Eley superb are a lovely cartridge, very smooth and seem to be hard hitting. I will need to get near to a pattern plate to see what they are really like.

Cheers

Martin