sausages

rocksaplenty

It would be nearly impossible to make your own,you have to pass the intestine through a set of rollers(like a mangle) to get all the contents out.Your local butcher would be able to help you or if you have a slaughterhouse near by even better.Pigs intestines are the best.A lot of companys use synthetic ones now

Usualy washed through with cold water using lancers then washed again with sanitiser (years ago water & bleach) dryed then salted to keep, rolled and tied into hanks of five casings or skins known to most ,hog or sheep are the most common. Harder bros sell them to the trade but if you only want one or two then your local butcher.synthetic skins are still made from animals cow usually i have a few of these somewhere last for years if kept dry.

• 1 month later...

The last roe i shot, i took both shoulders and a few more bits off the neck etc, total weight 5lb, to my local butcher. He minced it with some pork, charged me £5 and i got back nearly 10lb of vennison/pork sausage. they are soooo tasty :drool:

The last roe i shot, i took both shoulders and a few more bits off the neck etc, total weight 5lb, to my local butcher. He minced it with some pork, charged me £5 and i got back nearly 10lb of vennison/pork sausage. they are soooo tasty :D

Yeah right.........He sold the stewing venison at £6/lb and gave you the cheapest beef and floor sweeping bangers :good:

Only kidding :drool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...