Sako 85

stet

I've got one in .243, stainless varmint barrel, factory screw cut for mod with laminated stock - shoots very accurately, no complaints from me.

Have had an 8x56 S&B on top and a now a 3-12x50 Zeiss; equally good accuracy with both scopes.

Not sure where the accuracy reviews come from but mine is also very accurate. You get the die hards who claim its a poor replacement to the 75 but usually they haven't got one or used one. Nice features are the magazinne release where you can't loose it as easily and the safety you can reload with it on etc they just feel like a nice rifle to use Mine is a finlight and if you are carrying it much its a pleasure.

I have a Sako 85 synthetic in 243 and to be honest it has never really impressed me with its accuracy. I have tried a range of different loads with it but never really found what I would consider a great grouping. I also have a Sako 75 originally in 223 which was stunningly accurate out of the box and a Sako A7 in 308 which from the few rounds I have put through it seems pretty accurate. Are they worth it? Hard to say. They are better made than the Tikka, or rather they have more of a craftsman hand made appearance in a world of mass production, but I doubt they shoot better than the Tikka. Compared to a Remington, Ruger, Browning etc. they are far better finished in my view, but whether they are worth the price premium only you can decide.

I read a couple of reviews one was a 308 and could not get groups smaller than two inch unless they used the heaviest ammo. Another was on about its price and accuracy but most reviews seem good but I'd rather hear from owners cheers for replies.