FAC PELLETS ?

IAN88

• 3 weeks later...

I have never used Bisley Magnums as I tend to prefer light pellets even for FAC use but can`t say I`ve noticed a significant difference in accuracy between 32 ft lbs and sub 12! Over the years my prefered pellets have been the likes of Superfields, H&N Field Targets, RWS Superdomes, AA Fields & Pointed, Webley Crossman Powapells and a few others.

They tend to fall between 14.5 - 16.5 grains but I`ve not had any be blown to such an extent as to make their accuracy less than useful. I`m sure there must be a difference if you really push the range out beyond 60 yards but for me that would be over my usual yardage. FAC wise I`ve pretty much settled on AA Fields and fast using up an old batch of no longer available Webley Lazapells which are light but super through my 32 ft lbs 410Xtra.

I have never used Bisley Magnums as I tend to prefer light pellets even for FAC use but can`t say I`ve noticed a significant difference in accuracy between 32 ft lbs and sub 12! Over the years my prefered pellets have been the likes of Superfields, H&N Field Targets, RWS Superdomes, AA Fields & Pointed, Webley Crossman Powapells and a few others.

They tend to fall between 14.5 - 16.5 grains but I`ve not had any be blown to such an extent as to make their accuracy less than useful. I`m sure there must be a difference if you really push the range out beyond 60 yards but for me that would be over my usual yardage. FAC wise I`ve pretty much settled on AA Fields and fast using up an old batch of no longer available Webley Lazapells which are light but super through my 32 ft lbs 410Xtra.

Mine shoots most pellets ok to 40yds at 60yds is a very different picture. Its essential to clean the barrel realy well then find the point of diryness your gun shoots best and the point were things deteriorate with FAC levels. Never switch pellets without a clean and time to re-lead and settle. Of course all barrels have thier differences

I use bisley mags and AA Field in my airranger running at 40lb.Not much differance when i change from 1 to the other the aa are a bit flatter shooting, and a tiny bit higher at my set zero so i just allow for this when shooting :good: Tried most makes not much differance but it did not like crossman premier pellets all over the place in mine. :hmm: