University/A-Level Results Thread

Ferret Master

Going to get my results at 9.00, normally would be confident but seemed a little less concentrated by the end of Upper 6 than previous years. As long as i get the grades my University place in confirmed i could check now on Ucas but i don't want to do it until i collect my results in person. All the best to other PW students :good:

Missed my offer for the Royal Agricultural college by 10 marks (1/3 of one grade) fortunately they still want me. Think the A* in general studies which they don't count helped to tip the balance. ;)

Buzzing. :shout::yay::big_boss::yahoo: :yahoo:

If you want some ferreting near there I have a friend who runs a pest control business, he's got stacks of permission and always is up for taking others out especially competent ferreters. Typically getting bags of up to 40 rabbits a day.

Well done Ollie

The next 2-3 years are the best bit, as long as you remember to strike the right balance of work and cider play (I almost didn't).

When do you start? I guess there's a few weeks of freedom left without any worries.

Edited by Dr W

My Sis got two a's and a b into bishop grot for teacher training now, dam it she isn't leaving home tho as it's nearby, got hers around 9.30. Dint no you needed grades to get in farmer college, there not really fussed near us as they need the numbers up, but good man !! Congrats !! :D

If you want some ferreting near there I have a friend who runs a pest control business, he's got stacks of permission and always is up for taking others out especially competent ferreters. Typically getting bags of up to 40 rabbits a day.

Definitely, that would be brilliant! All my kit and ferrets are only 22 miles away at home as well so are easily accessible if needed. :good:

great news Ollie - congrats for getting in

Thanks. :) Grades were a bit mixed. Had a bitterly disappointing E in biology but obtained a B in History and A in Geography along with an A* in general studies which I nearly didn't turn up to the exams for. :oops:

I'm off to Harper! I'm sure i will see you about Ollie at some rival competition! :good:

Oh deary me haha. Friend of mine there who was a fresher last year drank diesel in a dirty pint on stage during freshers. Be warned! :lol:

Thanks for all the replies, hitting up the 7.5% cider and moonshine in town tonight hard at less than £3 a pint. Might die, who knows.

FM :)

Well D Jnr got what he wanted and is off to his first choice of Uni,so that's another celebratory meal to cough up for.

And while we are wishing the youngsters all the best spare a thought for the poor old parents coughing up for most of this :(

Now where did I put those voucher codes...

Well D Jnr got what he wanted and is off to his first choice of Uni,so that's another celebratory meal to cough up for.

And while we are wishing the youngsters all the best spare a thought for the poor old parents coughing up for most of this :(

Now where did I put those voucher codes...

Congratulations to Jnr D :good: FM I'll PM you his details.