Heads up Chainsaw

rsrjerry

Is this the "DRAPER EXPERT 46CC" the photos look similar but there is no other clues in the description. If it is then the saw is worth about £160 normally??? :hmm:

the other hedge trimmer also looks surprisingly similar to the DRAPER EXPERT ones online :hmm:

Edited by airgunalex

Best left on the shelves chaps, honest. It looks like a Draper cos it's most likely been a bulk order rejected by Draper on quality issues, the three year warrenty will not be worth the paper it's written on, there will be no spares back up.

Just look at the write up.

Fuel capacity 550ml, cutting speed 16m/s, cutting length 43cm

Chain brake/handguard

Safety trigger

Automatic chain lubrication

Centrifugal clutch

ALL chainsaws have these features

keep the receipt if you buy one - Lidl are very good with replacements - I had a Parkside 3.6v screwdriver - had it two years and packed in - was mint hardly used - just had a replacement through post - got another brand name on it but it's identical barring colour.

Dave

ps as this is Aldi not lidl Oppppps ! :blush: They probably have same replacement system. - Must take my pills on time.

Edited by DSPUK

I have a husky but also a mcculloch (which is a cheap saw) the husky is 2 years old and has had the chain brake removed, the mcculloch is 9 years old and the oil pump only gave out 2 years ago so go figure! Both are used and abused but if you are only cutting now and again I'd say it's worth a punt :good: these are not for felling 150 year old oaks, they are for the odd 6" trunk and a few logs 2/3 times a year....

Regards,

Gixer

I have a husky but also a mcculloch (which is a cheap saw) the husky is 2 years old and has had the chain brake removed, the mcculloch is 9 years old and the oil pump only gave out 2 years ago so go figure! Both are used and abused but if you are only cutting now and again I'd say it's worth a punt :good: these are not for felling 150 year old oaks, they are for the odd 6" trunk and a few logs 2/3 times a year....

Regards,

Gixer

My McCulloch is coming up for 12 years old now. Gets used at the shoot, mates woods, back garden, logging etc etc. Had one new bar and chain in that time.(it will probably break tomorrow now I've said that) What you have to remember is that all chain saws want to eat you, regardless of how much you pay for them. So always wear the appropriate PPE.

What you have to remember is that all chain saws want to eat you, regardless of how much you pay for them. So always wear the appropriate PPE.

+1 :good:

I use my McCulloch for cutting roots below ground now.... :oops:

Edited by gixer1

Looked at the petrol hedge cutter today & it had a fair gap between the blades :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: not sure if they should be like that or not :look: on my electric one the blades slide together

That's the sort of quallity issues I refered to in my earlier post, the blades should touch. :yes:

I googled chainsaw injuries and ouch. I'll pass on one of those and get my firewood delivered.

Click at your peril..... :no:

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/f149/chainsaw-injuries-65206/

Ay carumba!

The poor man with the tubes in his face. Hells teeth, the chaps still alive!! That must have swiped him chin to brow. Truly horrific :sick: