The latest greatest new Decoy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete buy it and bring it up here next week I have thousands of pigeons on Beans just now !!!!!!!!

Would maybe be better to try it a place with less pigeons.

That's like "fishing in a fish tank".

Dont prove anything :P

Of corse he will get pleased if it's thousands of pigeons there.. I mean how can you not shoot a decent bag there? :P

would still work ie you could try with your own "standard gear" deeks and rotaries, and compare pulling power of the spinner/ flapper with the rotaries removed, and or added to the set up

cheers KW

In testing the effectiveness of new decoying machines, its almost impossible to conduct an experiment to scientific standards, as there are so many variables.

If any kind of decoy, layout , etc., gives the Shooter confidence, then it works for them.

Buying these gadgets is a personal choice.

Nice bit of kit, good to see new equipment on the market...I suppose if ukshootwarehouse had it in stock it would be the best thing since sliced bread...who is it that sponsors this site??? :good:

Look to me it makes no difference "who" the supplier / sponsor is? all I am interested in is

A) does the sodding thing work

:good: do I need to buy a donkey/ llama / pack horse to shift it and the rest of my gear

C) is the price fair for what you get

up to now answers

A) word has it it does ( no independant verification yet) watch this space?

:good: its lighter than a magnet and seemingly can be used in a pattern without a magnet.

C) dont know never yet seen one soon to be seen however.

my answer rather than knock the product or get involved in a slanging match as to who's best,

shame really as Will and Phil beasley are decent folk who supply and support their gear well.

and I have dealt with deako and have no complaints there either,

so the answer for me was to put my hand in my pocket and buy a sod, so hopefully next weekend I

will try it out, if it is just hype and not effective, ebay should help recoup my loss,

so there you have it one non ludite either getting a new pigeon vacuum cleaner or falling for the three card trick either way I will soon find out

cheers KW

:good:

And I know kdubya will give an honest evaluation on this forum. Which means we VERY much have to have faith in it.

And we do. :good:

:lol:;) :blink: what another 100% garentee that dont mean **** ,hope it dont brake down mate,

cos ya wont see your money again bonylad ;):D

Got to take a risk sometime? nothing ventured nothing gained, and lets face it who found out cows milk was worth drinking? and for that matter how and WHY

cheers KW

• 3 weeks later...

Im wondering about this device too.

I think ill give it ago, but i cant say that it's the best decoy gear just because one scottish guy had a good day. I have never even tested a "normal"pigeon magnet here in Norway, but i bought one anyway.

I read on another norwegian forum that they did not have any better luck with a normal magnet, but as you all know, we all have our bad huntingdays.

Now im wondering if i should sell my untested magnet and get me one of theese new decoys.

or maybe use both?

Here in Yorkshire we are developing the Mother of All Decoys (MAD - pat pending)

Can't say much at the minute until all the secret tests ( sorry hunterswind9469 ) have been concluded.

But very briefly it is a remote controlled wireless solar powered lifelike internal framed foamy that glides down from the sitty tree, skips around at crop height and lands into the pattern, pecks a bit, alternately flapping and spinning it's wings whilst walking amongst the static decoy pattern, then lifts up flies around in circles before floating around the edge of the pattern then finally going back into the tree and cooing for ten minutes?

Seriously, it is so much fun that actually shooting pigeons will become secondary to being a MAD operative!!!!

Cheers, CB:}