nightmare!

killer rabbit (r1000)

i had an old bsa lighting down my uncles farm me and my cousin was shooting at targets in the garden (old coke cans and plastic plates) when for some strange reason my uncle took the gun off us stripped it down and said re build it if you want to use it again (we were 8 at the time took one look at it and thought f### that and ******** off up the fields)

to this day he still says a pellet nearly hit him dont know how as he was in the yard in the shed 100 yards away but it did so he says :sad1::sad1::good:

• 2 weeks later...

This may sound strange and to fair i was very new to the sport at the time but the spring snapped on my old smk 19 me and my friend took it apart and found the two pieces of the spring. Rather than realising it had snapped we thought that it was ment to be like that and a washer had been lost somewhere, so we turn the springs around and continued to shoot it.

Now this is the strange bit untill the spring finally smashed into hundreds of pieces the rifle shoot better than it ever has!

• 3 weeks later...

my mates lad was plinking with my enigma,my back was turned only for a minute when he said "its jammed",sure enough it was .bolt wouldnt move,magazine couldnt be removed.the obvious solution was to remove the barrel,so scope off job.upon removal of the barrel the magazine and bolt became free.in the end of the barrel was a mashed up pellet,so out with the cleaning rod,mmm thats a bit stiff i thought,so i gave the end of the rod a good smack with the palm of my hand and out popped 8 mashed up pellets.the little twerp hadnt worked the bolt properly,so when it didnt fire he just reworked the bolt.think im lucky compared to some of you lads though,half an hours work,including re zeroing and the enigma was back on form :good::good::lol:

Lent my old hw80 to a socalled mate as i was useing a new webley omega .177,saved up for that hw80 never let me down for 5yrs got it back took it out coudnt hit a barn door with it turn out hed bent barrel then to cover it up he tryd to straighten it in his dads vice, not spoken for 17yrs :good: :look: :good:

• 1 month later...

it wasnt me it was my mate who had his brand new s410 dragged along the field by a old hilux! him and my other mate left there guns on the floor in the field (years ago when we was all young and naive) and out of know where this truck with some horsey people in came and drove right over them! luckily it straddled them but one got caught on something and got dragged a bout 20 yards! because it was grass there wernt really much damage apart from a few dents and the rubber on the eyepiece of his scope split. His gun was WAY off sight too hahaha :o that will teach em to leave stuff lying about!

i fitted a non-air rifle spring (think it was from an SLR - was given it by friend in the trade - Mungler knows of him) into my HW35E - this was back in the mid-80's.

I dread to think how many Ft-LBs it was kicking out - but i destroyed the gun in a fairly short space of time - every bolt sheared off and it fell apart

Once when my auntie moved house we were cleaning out the attic in her new house and found an old BSA break barrel not sure of the make, could have been a meteor :look: but some idiot had tried to make it into a sawn off, by this i mean a barrel about 4 inches long which was clearly a hacksaw job and the butt part of the stock cut off :o

foxer

:blush: I did that to my old .177 Gamo when I was a bored stupid teenager :blush:

lent my relum to a friend when he came back hed snapped the stock and wouldnt replace it

I think you would have been justified in wrapping the rest of the action around his neck :unsure: :hmm:

I copied a match trigger for one of my Daystate huntsman mk1's but one of the springs needed was too weak and made it a very light pull, this in it's self wasn't the worst mistake that i'd made but whilst chrono'ing it in the back garden, i let one go prematurely :lol::good: and shot my chrony F-1 completely dead, it was less than 24hours old too...

the second daftest thing i did was to shoot and kill my combro chrony :good: this time i lined up the bore with the sensors and forgot to tighten the locknut, the unit slid down and i blew the sensor to bits :good: :good:

They don't call me "the chrono slayer" over on the BBS for nothing :yes::hmm::good::D

John :hmm:

Edited by johnbaz

i saw a short barrel falcon pcp brought in that the lad was having probs zeroing... turned out in a 12" barrel he had 36 pellets jammed..an imrressive a record.

oh n there was the guy on the doorstep in camo that needed his tx200 opening so he could retrieve the end of his finger ..textbook error

My cousin a few years back was cleaning his break barrel air rifle and had used some form of bore cleaner in the barrel so decided to fire it to clear it, He cocked it and walked off to get a cloth to hold over the muzzle to prevent spraying etc.

In the short time he'd gone, his mate thought best to load a pellet as to help protect the mainspring on firing. He neglected to mention this as my cousin held the cloth over the barrel and pulled trigger!!!!!

Ended up in hospital and they couldn't see pellet!!

Went to x-ray and it was lodged behind a muscle, they removed the pellet ASAP and he had no feeling in his hand for months!!

It's AMAZING how many people get shot by a gun they KNOW wasn't loaded isn't it??

ahhhh you reminded me fellow beard... my old boss chris was tussling with an employee over who shot a *** in the works yard,the *** had long gone but the wrestle with shamal in the middle continued until the bolt was closed on chris`s web nailing him to it ! .

as this thread is slipping into flesh from iron n wood ,, this wasnt a mate,a cousin a boss a friend it was me..as a wee lil fella i was in the woods with my bsa scorpion id be about 11 and like a 1st class muppet had the thing cocked.. i was on a steep slope getting over a barbed fence when <to my lil eyes> the biggest horsefly ever landed on my thigh, to this day i dont know what i was thinking .... but yes i shot myself in the thigh! not a glancing shot but a full 90 degree straight in point blank!! i shrieked and fell with my shot leg between the wires leaving me hanging upside down bleeding from all kinds of places and both a bulldog .22 slug n particalized horsefly deep in my leg.

i was so fearful my dad would set about my bsa with the acetylene i never told anyone.the pellet over the years came to the surface and moves around staying a hard lump forever more i guess... but a lesson was learned and i became mr safety after that with a constant reminder of the situation a moments stupidity can put you in

oh n i was hung on the fence for far longer than anyone reading this has given credit for :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my... hookbones! That's shocking.

Going back many years my 'mate' shot me in the leg point blank with a cleaning wad - it went straight through my jeans and made a decent crater filled with fluff... I have a couple more air rifle anecdotes for another time - no tales of rifle destruction though. Yet.

first airrifle when i was a kid ...took the stock off to revarnish it ....thinking ill give it a good clean while seperated ,cocked it over my leg to give the barrel clean...lacking a bit off leverage as the stock was off i decided to place the upsidedown opened rifle over my thigh so i could get the thing to close properly resulting in it closing/locking itself onto my thigh ,eventualy getting it open ,i had a lump the size of a golf ball with a gouge through the middle of it on my leg ...me, ma ,thought id shot myself with the amount of blood that was about :no::hmm:

Edited by para90

I pulled the trigger on my bsa metoer by accident when the barrel was broken... Gun broken. :good: Also I recently got shot in the *** by "accident".. Hurt soo bad. I would have gone upstairs and killed him if he didn't have the multishot version... :blink: Got a nasty bruise and it kinda dented :S