Does anyone recognise the seat in Richard Gray's truck?

Crackers

Hi All,

Richard did an article entitled "The stubble thief" in Shooting Times 17th August 2011.

On page 16 of the mag there is a picture showing gear in the back of his truck, which includes what I think is a hide seat with 4 legs that can be detached and stored in the main seat unit.

I'm keen to know who makes this seat and where one might be bought?

I've PM'd Richard (I think!) but if anyone else knows, I'd very much appreciate your reply.

Thanks!

Richard

Thanks for your replies chaps.

Richard kindly replied to my PM confirming that it was a Stag All Terrain seat bought from America. I've not yet found a UK supplier, so it seems you need to consider buying from the states at circa £70 cost for the seat, plus £20 air freight, plus circa £15 import duty.

Several reviews say that the seat is uncomfortable, and Richard also said that the seat pading is minimal, but otherwise it's a good seat. My view on this is that American's tend to be rather larger than us Brits (!) and you can always buy a hunk of foam to cushion the seat if necessary.

If I can find a UK supplier, I'll probably buy one. If not, I'll probably stick to using a bucket and some foam!

Happy shooting Guys. The wheat will surely get cut soon..... :)

A friend has been using one of these http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEON+DECOYING+EQUIPMENT/Pigeon+Decoying+Accessories/Pigeon+Shooters+folding+seat.html?osCsid=6thbn5m40m858l3abi9uvsqg16

They stay upright when stuck into the ground, height adjustable and for those of us that prefer to stand up whilst taking a shot, its just the job :good:

A friend has been using one of these http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEON+DECOYING+EQUIPMENT/Pigeon+Decoying+Accessories/Pigeon+Shooters+folding+seat.html?osCsid=6thbn5m40m858l3abi9uvsqg16

They stay upright when stuck into the ground, height adjustable and for those of us that prefer to stand up whilst taking a shot, its just the job :good:

I bought one a few months ago and so far, I think its the best shooting seat I have ever had.

Very comfortable, easily adjusted, very sturdy and perfect in any ground conditions. :good:

I bought one a few months ago and so far, I think its the best shooting seat I have ever had.

Very comfortable, easily adjusted, very sturdy and perfect in any ground conditions. :good:

From the look of it, I would say that the small foot print of the feet, will work they way in to the mud quite easily……However, I would not like to comment on something I have never used……let alone made :oops:

TEH

From the look of it, I would say that the small foot print of the feet, will work they way in to the mud quite easily……However, I would not like to comment on something I have never used……let alone made :oops:

TEH

I was referring to the link in chrispti's post http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEON+DECOYING+EQUIPMENT/Pigeon+Decoying+Accessories/Pigeon+Shooters+folding+seat.html?osCsid=6thbn5m40m858l3abi9uvsqg16 , this seat has two hinged braces that come out either side of the spike, that give you stability and prevents sinking in even the softest ground.

I was referring to the link in chrispti's post http://www.ukshootwarehouse.com/shop/PIGEON+DECOYING+EQUIPMENT/Pigeon+Decoying+Accessories/Pigeon+Shooters+folding+seat.html?osCsid=6thbn5m40m858l3abi9uvsqg16 , this seat has two hinged braces that come out either side of the spike, that give you stability and prevents sinking in even the softest ground.

Yet one more item supporting the import trade, and driving one more nail in to British engineering.............Nice :no:

TEH

Yet one more item supporting the import trade, and driving one more nail in to British engineering.............Nice :no:

TEH

1)How do you know where the UKSW seat is made ?

2)If "British engineering" got off its backside and made items we wanted, at a price we would pay, perhaps we could buy British. :rolleyes:

1)How do you know where the UKSW seat is made ?

2)If "British engineering" got off its backside and made items we wanted, at a price we would pay, perhaps we could buy British. :rolleyes:

Like many things that people make comments on from just a picture :oops:

Made here or assembled here!

As for British Engineering getting of there backsides!

A very negative comment in such harsh financial times, British Engineers need support, and not to be told they need to “get off there backsides”

However, showing your true colours for the back bone of our great nation of Engineers is your opinion and you are welcome to share that on a open fourm :rolleyes:

TEH

TEH

I believe they may be made in the UK actually. When I ordered mine the lady said they were waiting for them to come in as the manufacturer was having a delay getting them anodised. May have been from abroad, but I got the impression it was a UK firm. I have seen a very similar seat in Gander Mountain in the States. I think the UK warehouse seat may be a (British?)copy of that one?