Jack Hargreaves on Rabbiting

four-wheel-drive

I remember the tune for the first series, fantastic programme which would be sadly lost on most of the youth of to-day……good post thank you :good:

TEH

I bought the whole set of dvds of out of town for my dad this christmas - brings back fantastic memories. There must be a producer somewhere who would make a similar series but not so pc like countryfile

Wonderful old boy. Never missed a programme as a kid. Despite the fact I grew up in a village on the broads he almost single-handedly fired my enthusiasm for all things 'country'. The missus bought me all the dvds last xmas bless her, still haven't had time to watch them all.

If they brought back something similar they would certainly have one avid viewer. After the success of kill it, cook it, eat it recently there might just be the will to do it.

Edited by JR1960

Don't get me started, for the many who probably think I am cold and heartless this guy always chokes me up.

I couldn't wait to see his programs when I was a lad, a gent and a countryman, if I go to my grave knowing half what he did I will go happy!

:thanks::thanks::thanks: Jack!

Edited by Dekers

I have a box set of 9 contains allsorts but i dont remember any shooting or rabbiting in the set i used to watch him after school and then watch him on how he was one of the old school

Mark

Pigeon shooting is episode 26 Mark.

High seas - Trammel netting is episode 23,

Twitchynik - Cider making is 22

Essex Hunter - Couldnt find one on cross dressing

Pigeon shooting is episode 26 Mark.

High seas - Trammel netting is episode 23,

Twitchynik - Cider making is 22

Essex Hunter - Couldnt find one on cross dressing

ohh yeh i do like that one, he says how it works too witch is hard to get your head round lol tri-mell 3 mesh

i must say he dose catch a lot of dead fish in a small lenth of net :hmm:

• 7 years later...

hello, i know this is an old post and i was an avid watcher of JH  to the point when we moved from west sussex to then berkshire i had to put up another tv ariel just to watch out of town, one of his pigeon shooting videos was filmed on a farm i could shoot on near chichester most saturdays and farmer said should have come yesterday our jack hargreaves was here filming, still cannot find that video.