beating...

Hi guys,just been asked to get involved in a local shoot on one of my permissions which is Not run by the farmer..

no problem there,but i have heard the guy that runs it has not been fair with his regular beaters..before i make my mind up could any one tell me what the going rate is,or do they pay what they like,,,,cheers for any info.. :good:

yup if you are in it for the money then forget it. Its about a good day out with perks like vermin days end of year shoot etc, I beat on a few one pays nothing the other £26 but the latter one we get a 300 bird day at the end of the season so considering what you would pay for that its actually quite well paid

we pay £30 for beaters and £35 for pickers up with hot drinks and a beer at lunch a beaters day as well as helping with vermin shoots/drives andat beaters day we put over £500 quid behind the bar for the night time doo as well as a buffet and a pre-season **** up too.

always remember beaters are easey to get,good beaters are easey to lose :good:

£30 on 1 shoot with a walk 1/stand 1 200 bird day at end of season

£25 on another shoot with 3 vermin days throughout the year

£0 on the small syndicate shoot but there is only 4 beaters band we get a rough day at the end of the season (30-60 birds) and all year pest/vermin permission

i would do it if i didnt get paid, its all about a good day out, a bit of banter, making new friends (if you havent been before) and learning (there always some1 who can give advice on something!)!

Hi guys,just been asked to get involved in a local shoot on one of my permissions which is Not run by the farmer..

no problem there,but i have heard the guy that runs it has not been fair with his regular beaters..before i make my mind up could any one tell me what the going rate is,or do they pay what they like,,,,cheers for any info.. :good:

were about is that m8 and do they want one more dont get if ya dont ask

were about is that m8 and do they want one more dont get if ya dont ask

i have asked but the shoot said as i and my son shoot for the farmer on whos land the shoot is held on they thought they would ask if we wanted to be a part of the shoot..of course we accepted,it could lead to more land to shoot on.. :no:

If you shoot on one of the grounds then I would not accept any payment offered. That stands you apart from the other beaters/pickers up and may get you benefits in other areas such as additional fox shooting once you are known to a wider circle.

There are cases of beaters etc being badly treated but most shoots worth their salt look after good beaters, I would go with an open mind and see how the season pans out. Not going may put your existing permission into question, is your landowner involved in this shoot?, if so a word on his ear might be beneficial beforehand.

I pay £10 plus hot meal, day on hens and cocks at the seasons end plus occasional pigeons rabbits foxes etc for the senior helpers. My lads are here for the crack not the cash, some have suggested they would pay to come. We have a really good crack.

A