3rd nite on trott plus a pull from cops

swiss.tony

***** is a slang term for travelers,

Richie10 Just for the record, I spent 2 hours sorting the hares and rabbits we shot for the pot they are all sitting in my freezer awaiting eating, NONE WERE LACTATING, I know because I gutted and skinned them all, unlike your good self.

As a side note, I loved coursing BUT ITS BANNED, I asked the copper what would have happened if we had a boot full of Saluki/greyhounds when we got pulled, he said this would get complicated.

I swapped my running dogs for gundogs a few years ago and continue to provide food for my family and assist with pest control on the land.

Richie10 Just for the record, I spent 2 hours sorting the hares and rabbits we shot for the pot they are all sitting in my freezer awaiting eating, NONE WERE LACTATING, I know because I gutted and skinned them all, unlike your good self.

As a side note, I loved coursing BUT ITS BANNED, I asked the copper what would have happened if we had a boot full of Saluki/greyhounds when we got pulled, he said this would get complicated.

I swapped my running dogs for gundogs a few years ago and continue to provide food for my family and assist with pest control on the land.

Excellent shooting and good pictures well done. Shoot Hares by all means but dont say its in the name of Pest Control as thats just not so. There arent sufficient densities of Hares these days even in Yorkshire to cause a serious damage to Crops. No doubt we are now going to get the "but I saw one Hare eat an acre of Brussell sprouts in one night" Posts

Nothing personal but I just cant see the point... especially If your going to give them away it just killing for killings sake..

Light the blue touch paper and wait for the impending abuse...

link... http://www.hare-preservation-trust.co.uk/

Swiss,

good effort lad but I'm going to have to pull you up on a technicality....you cant refer to the fella's in transit vans as ******......

the correct reference term is 'caravan,utilisng,nomadic,travellers'

I understand there is an acronym-but i cant for the life of me remember it.

ps-good on Mr Plod for being about in the early hours-stopping cars and trying to get the wrong uns.

ATB

fudds

Fisherman mike, Im going to eat them.....Thats the point.

I completly disagree about hare numbers, I dont care what the surveys by the ban everthing brigade say, I saw with my own eyes hares outnumbering rabbits in many of swiss's fields,

Fisherman mike, Im going to eat them.....Thats the point.

I completly disagree about hare numbers, I dont care what the surveys by the ban everthing brigade say, I saw with my own eyes hares outnumbering rabbits in many of swiss's fields,

Still shouldnt be shot at night Though or on a Sunday that is unless the 10:30 start was in the morning which by my reckoning would still make it a Sunday. Tut tut tut....

Im afraid it would take a lot to convince the man in the wig that these hares werent shot at the same time as the rabbits after he has looked at the photo evidence read the post and taken statements from the two coppers who stopped you at 10.30 PM. :no:

Still shouldnt be shot at night Though or on a Sunday that is unless the 10:30 start was in the morning which by my reckoning would still make it a Sunday. Tut tut tut....

Im afraid it would take a lot to convince the man in the wig that these hares werent shot at the same time as the rabbits after he has looked at the photo evidence read the post and taken statements from the two coppers who stopped you at 10.30 PM. :no:

So you have dropped youre original point now in favor of something else because you have realised youre wrong.

The night shooting of rabbits and hares by tenants or occupiers of land, who are not the owners of the land, are subject to the following restrictions. These do not apply to landowners, but they should be aware of the legal restrictions on shooting hares at night:

The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 schedule (7) amended Section 6 of the Ground Game Act and Section 50 of The Agricultural (Scotland) Act 1948, to allow night shooting of ground game under certain conditions.

England and Wales: it is lawful for the occupier of any land himself, or one other person authorised by him, to use firearms for the purpose of killing ground game at night if the occupier has the written authority of a person entitled to kill or take the ground game on their land e.g. holder of shooting rights. The following conditions apply:

1.No person should be authorised by the occupier to kill ground game except:

a) Members of his household resident on the land in his occupation

B) Persons in his ordinary service on such land e.g. employees

c) Any other person, bona fide employed by him for reward in taking and destruction of ground game. The keeping of ground game satisfies the requirements of reward in the absence of money.

2.Every person so authorised by the occupier, on demand by any other person having a concurrent right or any person so authorised by him in writing, must produce their written authority. In default, a person would not be deemed to be an ‘authorised person’.

Iv just re read your post Mike,

Have you been and done a hare count in different regions then?

or are you getting your info from the hare preservation website?

No the information comes from the National BTO breeding bird surveys done anually which also includes a ground mammal count. Also its a well known fact that nationally Hares are in serious decline primarily due to intensive and invasive farming techniques.

However if you have an epidemic up there then they obviously need controlling.... carry on...but not at night or on a Sunday If that copper had stopped you at 2.30 AM and he knew about shooting game and pest control well....I will leave it for you to work out. ;)

Thats twice your wrong mike, Good night :rolleyes:

So you were shooting at night then and on a Sunday ? Im not wrong at all I just interpret the Law in the correct way. presumably then you met the conditions and thats all well and good...

Still cant see the point of shooting 11 hares at night on a Sunday and then trying to defend your actions by saying they were shot during daylight. :D

Goodnight to you also. :D

There is no law that prevents shooting hares at night on farmland (ENCLOSED LAND). Nor is there one stopping you from shooting them on a Sunday.

How many times has this forum done this subject to death?

You go for it chaps and enjoy. They make a superb curry or casserole done in a slow cooker after marinading them overnight in cider. :good:

lets carm this down iv had enough **** of this site im not evan taken cammara again there are so many so called shooters some nobs on here

puting a heare appercation website

we love heares site on a killing sporting?/hunting forum iv killed well

over 500 heares on 10 farmers in 3 years and will continue to do so i dont give a flying *** wat half of you non shooter s think next time ill leave them were they drop they you lot can moan ya **** off iv had enough people sending pm s say you no it illegal to shoot heares i go hunting for funnot for food i go tescos for that .

im not skint i carnt afford a bit chicken so ill kill any thing that get in my way no wonder people dont stay on here with all c**p they get off fellow so called shooters RANT OVER THREAD IS CLOSED AS FAR AS IM CONCERED

Excellent shooting and good pictures well done. Shoot Hares by all means but dont say its in the name of Pest Control as thats just not so. There arent sufficient densities of Hares these days even in Yorkshire to cause a serious damage to Crops. No doubt we are now going to get the "but I saw one Hare eat an acre of Brussell sprouts in one night" Posts

Nothing personal but I just cant see the point... especially If your going to give them away it just killing for killings sake..

Light the blue touch paper and wait for the impending abuse...

link... http://www.hare-preservation-trust.co.uk/

they are wrong in some areas FM, we have areas with serious damage to farmland and hedges hence have depending on numbers yearly hare drives. This takes a good number in one or two days which are all then exported. Its done in February before the breeding is underway and while you can sell them.

Last year we did 600 in two days, but off a fair chunk of land, where we are that is a sustainable number the estate gets asked to do it by their tenant farmers when numbers reach a certain point. They were left for years when numbers were low but now they aren't, vice versa I have other bits with low numbers but they are getting better. The same ground is seeing an increase in numbers and has a thriving wild grey partridge population all helped by decent fox control. We even get to shoot a few each year something I'm sure you'll get all uppity and upset about and start waving those rspb issue binoculars about in a fury ;)

Hey Tony if that's a slight against me . All I was trying to do way stop this kind of rubbish from happening . There are far to many critics on this forum who think they know everything and expect you to do the same . Some people just like to wind others up or just moan . Not me If I offended you I apologise .

Good shooting

Swiss keep at them if thats what your asked to do , i shoot plenty as we have loads and this year i would say they have boomed :yes:

Like al4x we have hare days 3 most years taking over 1000 hares but covering alot of land we have never been low on numbers even after these hare days we still see hundreds . To say they do n o damage is just mad ive seen the damage of a young wood they killed by chewing the trees . We also control in areas hard hit by coursers with over 20 coursers in the last 10 days some delt with by the police .

Some dont like because they have only a few around them same English partridges . just keep doing what your doing mate :good:

late summer most have had their young round here anyway so not sure where you can see that they are lactating.

Hares have young into September and recently later even seen them in October last year, it's the shooter word against ours whether they have leverets in the cover. It seems that today's shooter don't respect breeding seasons and just have to call it 'pest control' even though Hares are considered Game.

No wonder people look down on today's shooters, I only shoot in the Winter when they have no more young.

Must admit I have shot deer in the Spring, which was in season.

as a thriving wild grey partridge population all helped by decent fox control. We even get to shoot a few each year something I'm sure you'll get all uppity and upset about and start waving those rspb issue binoculars about in a fury ;)

we have the same in a few areas so we too take a few on walk days, don,t shoot many i might add but allow ourselfs a brace each :yes:

Hares have young into September and recently later even seen them in October last year, it's the shooter word against ours whether they have leverets in the cover. It seems that today's shooter don't respect breeding seasons and just have to call it 'pest control' even though Hares are considered Game.

No wonder people look down on today's shooters, I only shoot in the Winter when they have no more young.

Must admit I have shot deer in the Spring, which was in season.

so you dont every shoot pigeon or rabbit then? both have a breading season but both still get shot all year around with little or no thought to their dependants. sorry mister but i thing its time you hung up your cartridge bag and go join the tree huggers as what you have typed is wrong. its shooters like yourself that looks down on other shooters. total and utter cobs wash.

I have one permission where the hares greatly outnumber the rabbits. Not in the massive numbers already talked about on here, but then it is only a small bit of land...mostly set aside. We like to see them about and so leave them to it or occasionally take one for the pot...that said if the poachers start to use the land i am sure we will be told to shoot them all to stop the visits which will be a shame really!

atb

so you dont every shoot pigeon or rabbit then? both have a breading season but both still get shot all year around with little or no thought to their dependants. sorry mister but i thing its time you hung up your cartridge bag and go join the tree huggers as what you have typed is wrong. its shooters like yourself that looks down on other shooters. total and utter cobs wash.

I shoot pigeon in the Winter and ferret rabbits in the winter as well, I work to the seasons. As soon as the ferrets start killing babies I stop, usually in Feb or March.

I shoot pigeon in the Winter and ferret rabbits in the winter as well, I work to the seasons. As soon as the ferrets start killing babies I stop, usually in Feb or March.

You are the same person that thinks walking over someone else's land poaching is not stealing aren't you? ......nut nut....what a complete nugget...