British Open Sporting At Hodnet

canthitathing

Best of luck to all PW'ers shooting at the British Open this weekend. :good:

I know there are quite a few heading across. :yes:

I have spent all day with a good coach, putting at least 3 foot of lead on those 20yrd rabbits, and worked hard at pointing the gun in the right place :lol: . I will be taking a collection of 48 chokes :yes: , and a huge selection of cartridges of every load and shot size just to be on the safe side :rolleyes:

I am shooting early to avoid the media frenzy when El Magnifico shoots later in the day :good::lol:

Shoot well!!!

ill be on at same time as 'EL' but fortunately on different squad. :lol: :lol:

How did you manage that ? :sly: will swap squads with you for 4 Muller chokes they are all the rage you know :P

Poor EL did not read the memo on the care home notice board he thought he was only shooting 100 bird comp so he has had to swap some werther's original for an extra box of cartridges :yp: :D

How did you manage that ? :sly: will swap squads with you for 4 Muller chokes they are all the rage you know :P

Poor EL did not read the memo on the care home notice board he thought he was only shooting 100 bird comp so he has had to swap some werther's original for an extra box of cartridges :yp: :D

I've just looked at my entry and I've gone Birds Only :o :o :o :o :o

Why the **** did I do that? I entered in February, I must have had a crisis of confidence <_<

I expect I'll straight it now :sly:

****, I bet I thought I'd still be in ******* A Class :oops::D:P:lol:

Edited by Chard

I've just looked at my entry and I've gone Birds Only :o :o :o :o :o

Why the **** did I do that? I entered in February, I must have had a crisis of confidence <_<

I expect I'll straight it now :sly:

****, I bet I thought I'd still be in ******* A Class :oops::D:P:lol:

You didn't the CPSA have seen your recent results and took pity on you so pro-actively cancelled your comp entry to help you out.

OR

You just a senile old buffoon who lives in a care home and cannot remember past last week......Just saying :blush::yes:

Looking at scores EL Mag ducked the lot. :oops:

I might just amble over on Sat Lunch to see the first stragglers come in and next wannabies go out. - then have a laugh at fridays scores.

big tip - 3/8 choke and 7.5's all round.

Dave

Bit surprised at your choice of words Dave, this isn't the late Clay Sporting forum you know!! The reference to wannabies was particularly un-called for :sly::hmm::sly: and, to be honest, if I saw someone laughing at scores I might be tempted to call the men with white coats :o :o

Mr Potter

Looking at scores EL Mag ducked the lot. :oops:

I might just amble over on Sat Lunch to see the first stragglers come in and next wannabies go out. - then have a laugh at fridays scores.

big tip - 3/8 choke and 7.5's all round.

Dave

You've got nowt to laugh about if you don't shoot it yourself :P

Shot the British today and thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 stands of 4 pair apiece made up the round of 120; a very fair yet testing layout that had something for all abilities but in typical Hodnet style was a test of concentration as you pitted yourself against the mix of speeds and angles :yes: Finished up on 88 ex 120; which although about 10 short of where i would have liked to be was a fair appraisal of my efforts today :yes: All in all an enjoyable day out and another shoot to chalk up to experience ;) One day :hmm:

I watched Ed warming up on the pool shoot yesterday, he hit an 8/10, chard pointed out that he would of probably hit a 9/10 himself :lol:

I expect Ed didn't give the Rabbits 3 foot of lead and forgot to hand his card in, bloody sandbaggers

Edited by Ian E