BISLEY LIVE SHOW

steve_b_wales

I might be up for this. Maybe travel down with people on route if any of them fancy it. Terry, Nick, Neil maybe, could meet round mine and head off from here.

Sunday sounds good I think

I am down there for the 3 days, as I will be on my BASC Coaching assessment, fingers crossed

• 3 weeks later...

Very gutted, I had intended to go on the sun with my mate and my brother but alas im working again and cant get out of it, thats the second show this year this has happened to me!!! nevermind i hope all that go have a really good day / weekend, at least the weathers right for you all!

Safe shooting

MogsAA

I wonder how it was ? I am a bit gutted as got tickets in advance, I did regret after ordering them as seemed pricey for what you seemed to get, but I bit the bullet, Friday got up early as I was on a one day course at Paddock Wood, thought I was just tired as I felt bad, got worse as day went on, when I got home my son was in bed feeling ****, bad throats both of us, said we would see how we were in the morning, but no go, both laid up so £30 down the drain and ill on the weekend, now just know to make it worse, everyone will say how great it was and we really missed a great time !

I also just KNOW Fulham will lose at home to QPR, just to cap off a C%*$ weekend for us !

Hope all those who went to Bisley, or out shooting, had a good weekend in this great weather, if your going to have a holiday in the UK next year, this last week has had great weather the last 4-5 years,(well in Hertfordshire at least) looked at a record card at work where a guy always makes a comment about the weather.

I wonder how it was ? I am a bit gutted as got tickets in advance, I did regret after ordering them as seemed pricey for what you seemed to get, but I bit the bullet, Friday got up early as I was on a one day course at Paddock Wood, thought I was just tired as I felt bad, got worse as day went on, when I got home my son was in bed feeling ****, bad throats both of us, said we would see how we were in the morning, but no go, both laid up so £30 down the drain and ill on the weekend, now just know to make it worse, everyone will say how great it was and we really missed a great time !

Check my comment in the off topic thread, I suspect you didn't miss much.

I've just got in from Bisley,wish I hadn't bothered really,very few people there.

Speaking with stall holders they have said that it's been a poor turn out,figures for Friday were 600, total so far for 2 days around 2000, where's the projected 30,000? Was it the cost of entry? which in most peoples opinion was too high,and the cost of having a stall! I was quoted £600-£1000 per day.

Most,if not all have stated that they won't be there next year.I feel sorry for the organisers,BUT, perhaps a major re-think on prices may help.

If i'd done what I wanted and shoot some rifles and pistols,it would have cost me £50 minimum (that's including the entrance fee.) :no:

Alan :/

Yes the food etc was expensive,but aint it always at these events :yes:

I actually thought it was set out pretty well :yes: just a shame that it was such a low turnout :yes: think they tried to over price everything due to it been held at Bisley :yes: lets hope if its held next year they learn from mistakes this year :good: BB

But to be fair ive been to worse game fairs :yes:

Edited by Bluebarrels