BISLEY LIVE SHOW

steve_b_wales

BB, I agree,it was set out right,and they had provided walkways where it is always sodden,but, the prices are what IMO has killed it this year.

If they charge,say £10 entrance fee next year and keep the prices down for the ammo used then it MAY be a success. I hope so.

Alan :)

I thoroughly enjoyed it, the easy car parking and the uncrowded areas were fine by me (I wasn't a stallholder :) ).

It was very hot, but there was enough of interest to look at and buy, also some very good deals this afternoon.

I think the Organisers have learned a few lessons, I heard that if there is one next year it will be held up on the higher ground, not down in the swamp.

Goodness knows what it would have been like if it had rained at all last week, it was spongy today after a three day heatwave.

A good day out and nice to meet some fellow Pigeon Watch members. :good:

I had a lovely day, yeah it was quiet but again as Cranfield said, that made it a lot easier to do what you wanted. Would have been nightmare if it had rained as it was very boggy on that range. Got to see and play with all sorts and got to say hello to some new and old faces. Finally met David BASC.

One thing I thought was bad was the signage and information - as I know Bisley i know what areas there are, but for someone new to the site it's too easy to miss large chunks of what was on offer.

Oh and had a cracking Kangaroo burger!

Fingers crossed they have learnt their lessons and it will be on next year.

Blubarrels and I are having a conversation about this now. At circa £1800 and upwards, how did any of the organisers think that the trade stands would get that money back in profit? Save for 6 or so hired hands on the gate and half a dozen portaloos, what expenditure did Bisley get involved in? It was agood day out, good to meet some pw memers and I take my hat off to the support of our sport by the trade members. But have I to say that Bisley and the organisers of the show should hang thier heads in shame for ripping off both the public, and the trade members and due to thier own greed and mis management, missing a perfect opportunity to promote Bisley as a shooting venue. IMHO, there will be no Bisley next year as it was only the trade stands that were worth going there for. Bisley should have PAID for them to be there :yes:

I had a lovely day, yeah it was quiet but again as Cranfield said, that made it a lot easier to do what you wanted. Would have been nightmare if it had rained as it was very boggy on that range. Got to see and play with all sorts and got to say hello to some new and old faces. Finally met David BASC.

One thing I thought was bad was the signage and information - as I know Bisley i know what areas there are, but for someone new to the site it's too easy to miss large chunks of what was on offer.

Signage was poor, you are right.

I *think* I saw all the stalls, but having stumbled upon that last row by accident I would not be surprised if I learn I missed some.

I was surprised to see Bisley Pavilion was only in use as a place for the exhibitors and organisers. That hall is usually packed out with small traders on the shows like Phoenix and Trafalgar.

Bet you were hopping about that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry to say this, it look like this was going to be a good show. At Bisley able to try a gun, all shooting with no fishing or dogs. However: very few people truned up.

The weather was great.

GMK, Howa Rifles, Global Rifle and lots more.

No people! why did they not go?

The press for the show was Blaze, No shooting time or Countryman's weekly.

This was the first show in 23 years that I have seen food stand closed at 3 in the afternoon and stands packing up and going home on Firday and Saturday. Down by us on the rifle range two stand when home on friday and 8 plus on saturday. On the sunday the stand where packing up at 12 noon.

Even the Help of heroes stand packed up by 1 o'clock on sunday.

It should have been one of the best shows of the year.

one shooter wanted to try a gun he paid £22 to get in then they wanted £12 to register to shoot and £5 for 5 round to shoot. He was not a happen shooter.

Over priced. Or is shooting trying to become the domain of the upper class?

Edited by gunsmoke

I went Saturday, and it worked out expensive, however judging by the calibre of cars in the car park, maybe I was not the target audience. I did spend £20 on the running deer that was good fun. I did only pay 18 being an NRA member however I think they could have reduced in to £10 pounds and got a much better uptake. However day at beach or Bisley I know what most would prefer in the 80's. :rolleyes: