This is my rifle, this is my gun....

gixer1

Ok, so how many of you are sentimental about your rifles/shotguns?

Sold mine recently and I really did feel an air of sadness as I left it with the RFD....

Strange as I know it's only a rifle but it's crawled through a few fields with me and has been ultra reliable and if I do my bit always hit the mark....

so are you at all attached to your guns? Have you (dare I say it) named it??? :lol:

Regards,

Gixer

Edited by gixer1

Haven't named any,but got rid of a couple recently with a twinge of regret.My 700BDL(one of the best looking rifles in my opinion)which has never let me down and taken several deer and even more foxes,and my Ruger M77.22 Magnum;can't remember how many rabbits that thing has killed.Anyhow,they've both gone,and hopefully I'll have even more good times with their replacement.

Have a few shotguns I would be extrememly reluctant to part with.

The good old friends that work stick around, fortunately most of mine do, yes, I have "upgraded" to more modern versions over the years and I do know exactly what you mean!

But I haven't gone as far as naming any of them, but for some reason they are all female not male :hmm::hmm::lol::lol::good::good:

:good::good:

I tend to get sentimental after I've sold things. I chop and change a lot.

I've had a few that I've sold and thought "oh my god, what have I done?". My Tikka T3 6.5x55, my .22 Hornet...

Luckily I had the chance to buy my Hornet back. Now and again I think of moving it on but then I think "hang on a minute, you've been here before you idiot!".

I just can't help changing things. Although I must say my latest rifle, an old Tikka in 7-08, is really growing on me fast. I like to think I may keep it and build memories with it.