scooters

big lad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had one 30 years ago a lambretta GP125 reg was MCK 64J wish I still had it.

scooterboy.jpg

Buck

Looking at all the crash bars and racking on your GP Buckster, I bet you struggled to get 45mph out of that, and you can knock another 10mph off too with the size of those bell bottom jeans flapping about lol

Bloody dangerous things! I have been round the mountain circuit isle of man quite a few times and I still wouldn't throw a leg over a scooter! They terrify me!

I wouldn't want to ride one of the old Italian ones, but the new stuff Honda Silver Wings or Suzuki Bergmans etc. are fast and handle well, wish I's never sold my Honda, nothing even superbikes beat it away from the lights.

Looking at all the crash bars and racking on your GP Buckster, I bet you struggled to get 45mph out of that, and you can knock another 10mph off too with the size of those bell bottom jeans flapping about lol

:lol::lol: it was pretty rapid when it was 125, but then the piston burnt out so I made it up to a 150 and it was slower.Has for the bell bottoms it was 1979 :o

had a LI 125 with a 175 kit on it delorto carb and fresco exhaust , a P200E tuned with a pitone exhaust , Rally 200 , P125X , and another P200E custom job.

i,d love another one :rolleyes:

S/B - how old are you , are you a member of any scooter club , are the monsters still going

cheers

had a LI 125 with a 175 kit on it delorto carb and fresco exhaust , a P200E tuned with a pitone exhaust , Rally 200 , P125X , and another P200E custom job.

i,d love another one :rolleyes:

S/B - how old are you , are you a member of any scooter club , are the monsters still going

cheers

Hi Darren, I joined the Mansfield Monsters in 86 and Im still in it. The last few years I have only do a couple of rallies a year and a few local do`s, bloody kids.

Cleethorpes Scooter rally is run by the Monsters and the Olympics, the scooter scence now is as big as it was in the 80`s, if not bigger, all them born agains

Im 42, where are you from and what club where you in

Have a more modern scoot i am trying to get back on the road at the mo.

A MBK Ovetto 100 Yamaha minirelli engine i have just replaced the cylinder the piston and cylinder head with a 120cc kit as the old one was a tad worn on 10.000 miles and the lad who gave it to me smashed the studs mounting the kerb.

Got it free on a 04 reg spent about £120 on various parts but still need a speedo drive a tap and die set to tap a new thread for the exhaust mount and a set of innertubes as the rims are flaking and the air is leaking from the tubeless tyres.

Hope to have it finished before christmas but would love a old CB350SG instead........

Edited by Lord Geordie