B.S.A Super Meteor

MAJ

I've recently dug out my old school-boy toy, a B.S.A Super Meteor .22 break barrel air rifle (last fired in about 1970). It's in pieces, but all there apart from the main spring. Sadly I know nothing of "things technical", so can anyone help me with the following:

a) Can I still obtain a spring?

:blink: After all this time, can it be restored to its former glory?

c) Does anyone know of somebody who could undertake the re-building for me, as I don't have the time or know how

I live near Thame, Oxon, and obviously would like to find somebody local.

I've recently dug out my old school-boy toy, a B.S.A Super Meteor .22 break barrel air rifle (last fired in about 1970). It's in pieces, but all there apart from the main spring. Sadly I know nothing of "things technical", so can anyone help me with the following:

a) Can I still obtain a spring?

??? After all this time, can it be restored to its former glory?

c) Does anyone know of somebody who could undertake the re-building for me, as I don't have the time or know how

I live near Thame, Oxon, and obviously would like to find somebody local.

Well it may be quicker easier and cheaper to geta new gun.

Yes you can still get new springs and I'm sure there is one to fit a gun as common as a meteor. You could try ringing up Webley Venom - they do an AMAZING job on guns, if they get their hands on yours it'll be shooting 1" groups at 40 yards :lol: only trouble is its pricy, about £120 i think as your gun needs a complete overhaul. I think it can be restored pretty well, I would reckon there are some people who want to get into restoration/tuning and they'd be willing to use your gun as a test, of course it goes wrong then its hard to blame them and they'll probably charge costs/labour etc... but willw ork out quite a bit cheaper.

Anyway give venom a buzz and ask their opinions :blink:

Had a Meteor for years and had just completely restored it with new spring etc when house got broke into a few years ago. The only thing they managed to pinch was the Meteor before the alarm went off and they scarpered.

If you want me to rebuild it for you the only cost will be the cost of new bits and the postage to and from , would love to get involved with a Meteor again. :blink:

Every one should own one of these great air rifles.I had one when i was 10yrs old,my grandfather bought one at the same time.We had hours of fun shooting cans and the clothes pegs off the washing line.I sold mine to buy a bsa airsporter.When my grandfather died 8yrs ago i was given his,it now takes pride of place in my gun cabinet.

Ernyha. Really good of you to offer your assistance. I would love to get this gun up and shooting once more, so if you're serious I will take you up on your offer. Obviously I will gladly pay for any bits needed, although I'm sure it's all there apart from the spring, and there will be a drop or two of your favourite tipple in it as well.

Perhaps you could mail me - johnson@pegasus40.freeserve.co.uk - and we can arrange for the bits to be delivered to you.

Many thanks - MAJ