What were you doing on 11/9/2001?

Laird Lugton

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just got back from watching the World Superbikes in Assen Holland. Went to bed having ridden back from the Hull ferry & had about an hours sleep when my wife woke me up and said you better watch this.

Was going to complain about disturbing me till I saw what was going on.

I was in a technical drawing class in college at the time when another lecturer rushed in pushing a TV shouting watch this, after a bit of hanging the aerial out the classroom window (and as alot of people here have said) I remember watching the second plane hit, not long after I left college and went home where I remember saying to my dad world war 3's gonna kick off now.

My thoughts go out to all the families affected that day!

Safe shooting,

MogsAA

how long you lived in the uk mate ? you sound like a rag head yourself,

What a ridiculous statement, I was born here and have no intention of living anywhere else.

How many times has America bulldozed into other countries where there is a financial interest (dragging Britain behind them I may add) and bombed the **** out of whole villages regardless of women and children?

The only difference I see is that when they do it it is 'peacekeeping'. When the people they have started a war with do it, it is 'terrorism'.

Double standards all the way in my opinion.

How many times has America bulldozed into other countries where there is a financial interest (dragging Britain behind them I may add) and bombed the **** out of whole villages regardless of women and children?

The only difference I see is that when they do it it is 'peacekeeping'. When the people they have started a war with do it, it is 'terrorism'.

So if you think they are the same and only the name is different do you think both are wrong or both are right or are you saying one is ok but not the other?

You obviously have little sympathy for the victims of 9-11 but as a date that changed world politics, opinion, financial markets and total uncertainty of what was going to happen next it was momentous.

Regardless of your feelings for the victims you have to accept it was going to change the world more than Tsunami's, floods and earthquakes as it could happen anywhere and to anyone.

More people are going to remember what they were doing when the news was breaking compared to natural disasters unless it was a Tsunami off the coast of Britain.

What a ridiculous statement, I was born here and have no intention of living anywhere else.

Mental.

I kind of agree if there was no OIL i bet they would not be to interested :no: :no:

But does America purposely set out to murder and target civilians in order to enhance their cause?

No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2035207/Hunt-terrorists-plotting-truck-bomb-attack-New-York-Washington-9-11-anniversary.html

exactly I watched the ITV thing the other night on it and thought all the septics who believe america did it really must be on another planet. Looking behind the scenes and seeing the decisions they had to make was staggering, the radar showing the number of planes over the USA while they were trying to work out which ones were hijacked was phenomenal. I actually think its pretty disgraceful to the memory of those who had to decide between burning to death and jumping off the towers

I watched it in the office as usual everything went quiet no customers phoned everyone was glued to screens

exactly I watched the ITV thing the other night on it and thought all the septics who believe america did it really must be on another planet. Looking behind the scenes and seeing the decisions they had to make was staggering, the radar showing the number of planes over the USA while they were trying to work out which ones were hijacked was phenomenal. I actually think its pretty disgraceful to the memory of those who had to decide between burning to death and jumping off the towers

I watched it in the office as usual everything went quiet no customers phoned everyone was glued to screens

Regardless of who did what there are still quite a few things that don't add up.

The move on Afghanistan after 911 was a bit too quick for my liking. Even if the events of 911 are taken at face value the pace at which vengeance was metered out left me feeling very uneasy. Its different for us over here. Our mainland was under attack for years during the troubles. Had we reacted with such open aggression every time there was a bomb in the UK Gerry Adams certainly wouldn't now be sitting round the table eating custard creams and passing round the family album in Stormont, he'd still be rallying the troops to the cause.

911 was truly horrific but the reaction from the US played straight into the hands of the extremists by ensuring that muslims the world over could be radicalised. This then gave the US grounds for war with Iraq. I didn't see the US surge into N Korea when he started flinging nukes around the Pacific. Thats because there's chuff all in N Korea and they would have given as good as they got.

911 seems to have underpinned the reasoning behind every shaky military op of the past 10 years. I think thats more of an insult to the victims personally.

I can remember it vividly, I had finished collage (stafford collage) early that day and was walking the high street in stafford with a bottle of coke and a cheese burger having been and bought pellets from gorge bates gun shop and I was walking up the high street and saw it all on the tv in a shop window ! After whatching it for 10 - 15 minutes through the window a crowd had gathered and people were saying that the UK was under threat also, so me and my mate Dan got on the 481 bus back home to find out more about it all !