What do you all do for a living?

MogsAA

IT techie. Originally in operations, loading tapes, then local government writing code (did Poll tax bills :o for example), then a network manager, then an IT consultant (email and servers) , then a blackberry engineer, then a Consultancy director. now an IT Director.

Part time clubman motor racer, and now novice shooter. It great to get outside, and use my hands rather than head.

Ragged

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a self employed contract fitter for 4 major companies in the awning, canopy and glassroom industry. I manage a team of fitters also and sort out what is being done and when. The stuff we do is not your cheap £200 units you see hanging off ratty pubs/clubs etc, we work at the top end of the market. Do all the heating, lighting and also our own decking and sales of our own too. This year has been our best yet for work. Just lately our biggest customers are football players round the Halebarns area for Man utd. Love everyday of my work truth be told.

Time served carpenter joiner, i work for the NHS based at a mental hospital :blink:

I recently qualified as an automatic door technician, so my time is spent either travelling the county to our various properties dealing with door controls, automatic doors and entry systems, or locked in a secure ward mending stuff the herberts break :/

as some of you know who know me, I work in finance but have been unemployed since 19th August.

Sent my c.v. off to loads of employers and had two interviews for very short term work.

Went on twitter and tweeted looking for work. Logged onto twitter on Tuesday and saw a well known wholesaler of guns and ammo in Cheshire was looking for telesales staff/IT staff and we both followed each other on twitter, they even asked BASC to retweet they were looking for a IT and a telesales person. Fancied maybe a change of job?

sent my c.v. off and DM'd them "did you not read my profile I am looking for work". Got a call from them, went in for a interview yesterday, asked me to come back this afternoon. Spent all last night reading up and researching what they sold.

Went back at 2 pm, today and was offered a finance job for a maternity cover for 9 months and started immediately !

Still carnt believe how lucky I have been.

Edited by Jan147

as some of you know who know me, I work in finance but have been unemployed since 19th August.

Sent my c.v. off to loads of employers and had two interviews for very short term work.

Went on twitter and tweeted looking for work. Logged onto twitter on Tuesday and saw a well known wholesaler of guns and ammo in Cheshire was looking for telesales staff/IT staff and we both followed each other on twitter, they even asked BASC to retweet they were looking for a IT and a telesales person. Fancied maybe a change of job?

sent my c.v. off and DM'd them "did you not read my profile I am looking for work". Got a call from them, went in for a interview yesterday, asked me to come back this afternoon. Spent all last night reading up and researching what they sold.

Went back at 2 pm, today and was offered a finance job for a maternity cover for 9 months and started immediately !

maybe the new mum might not come back, now that would be a result. A bit of good news that, well done :good:

You can`t keep a good man/woman down :) , well done.

For 11 years I was a joiner but broke my knee and was told I couldn't do the job so, I thought I would make my hobby start to pay and became a freelance photographer... just started my 15th year in business and loving it

You are where I want to get to, dabbled in photography for years & keep trying to figure a way into the business fulltime, any tips?? :good: