Sign in to follow this  
martinclay

fox can you eat it

i heard the rule is dont eat what eats meat or something along those lines.

i have never tried it, wouldnt mind, i will try anything :blush: , its just the smell puts me off skiining them :huh:

Of course you can it it ,you can also eat dog.cat,hedgehog,rat,mouse ,badger and pretty much anything else ,the question is do you really want too :lol:

yes its eatable but dont!! ive got a rule i would not kill any thing unless i would eat it, to prove a point a anti said to me why kill foxes if you just dump them it would change my mind on the whole thing if you ate them.......so i did :blink: it was okkk ish but the smell was nastie

My father in law eats anything road kill the lot badger,fox,deer,sqirrel etc ,but just preparing it is the struggle of the whole thing i tried it and was certanly not impressed badger on the other hand NOM NOM :yes: :yes:

I wander why it smells so bad when preparing it as well? Id give it a go but after all the negative comments I have read online I have already built up a mental block to the idea.

They used to leave fox weighted down in a clear flowing river for 2 days to remove the ammonia smell and taste.

Badger hams, there was in Devon a badger society that regularly ate badger at a yearly meet.

hedgehog used to be regularly eaten, not too much now with the badgers getting to them first.

Apparently its good, and some Pakistanis go out of their way to acquire it apparently. I would have thought that if it was curried ( a dish originally for old meat) or suchlike it would be passable.

Going to have a go at eating it tonight, was just going the pan fry it and see what it's like.

Well? ....................... probably a stupid question but what was it like?