What do you shoot?

dunganick

Shoot clays with Lanber 28" O/U, 28" Berretta eXtrema, 28" ARM SLE.

Only use the last 2 a couple of times a year to get used to them again as I use the eXtrema for Pigeons & wildfowling & the sbs for walked up ruff shooting.

As you can see I like 28" barrels :unsure:

Trev

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AA MAN

Browning Ultra XS 30" Multichoke - I change chokes every stand to give myself the optimum pattern at the targets range

I use Express Supreme 7.5s and Super comp 9s for the close stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into messing about with fancy guns chokes and beautiful engraving.... then a mature and wise gun dealer pursuaded me NOT to change the miroku at all

With a couple of rare exceptions I use my 30 ish year old Miroku 600 fixed choke 1/4 and 1/2 for everything then I don't worry about about the gun or fiddley bits at all. Mine is basic but a really good gun......I just focus on the shooting .......

On clays.... I only do sporting and I guess I would be wasting my time on DTL.

Saves a fortune in chopping in and buying a new one. It cost me £400 (second hand) about 25 years ago and will probably out last me

Although I am new to decoying I intend to use the miroku.... time will tell :rolleyes:

cheers

Malk

• 1 month later...

I use a Browning B25 B1M for and a B2G for pheasant and partridge. I've got a 26"-barrelled Browning Citori skeet gun. I've got two 20-bore Beretta Silver Pigeons in the cabinet (one is my girlfriend's), and my much-loved SKB 20-bore O/U. All fixed choke. I won't bore you with the side-by-sides.

Ironically, the only gun I really regret selling was a Remington 870 Wingmaster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Browning 325 with the worlds thickest kick eeze pad and when my shoulder is really bad Beretta 391 both with 24gram carts. Got an artificial shoulder joint so I always use 24grm.

Keep it up bud, my mate who shoots has only one arm and his shoulder joint is clapped out with artharitus and has continual pain, he talkes about having a artificial joint but has been told that they are not a success, whats your oppinion?

Browning 325 with the worlds thickest kick eeze pad and when my shoulder is really bad Beretta 391 both with 24gram carts. Got an artificial shoulder joint so I always use 24grm.

Keep it up bud, my mate who shoots has only one arm and his shoulder joint is clapped out with artharitus and has continual pain, he talkes about having a artificial joint but has been told that they are not a success, whats your oppinion?

Cannot comment for my self. My replacement joint was due to an accident where I broke and dislocated the head of the Humorous (no it wasn’t funny), and had no choice as the bone broke in half when I started physio after the first operation. So the only way ahead was to cut the head off and whack in a metal ball. But I do know people who have had shoulder joint replacement, in one case both and it seems you do lose some mobility above head height but for them the pain relief alone was worth it.

Right, no laughing but I use a Baikal o/u or a spanish 16 bore sbs. Want to take the 391 but cant find one of those "safety insert" things to put in the slide to show the gun is safe.

Right, who was it ? I heard a snigger at the back at the mention of Baikal :blink:

Right, no laughing but I use a Baikal o/u or a spanish 16 bore sbs. Want to take the 391 but cant find one of those "safety insert" things to put in the slide to show the gun is safe.

I have been using a 391 for about a year for clays. I don't have a safety flag thing, but then again I don't take the gun out of its slip until its my turn to shoot. Its refreshing to use a semi-auto in France as they just treat them as another shotgun and not spawn of the devil. It really comes down to being safe with the weapon. As yet I have had no one moan about using the 391 for sporting.

Right, who was it ? I heard a snigger at the back at the mention of Baikal :blink: