Nobel 60 powder reloading data

Sorry for resurrecting this thread again but I was searching for a comparison between the 60 and 80's series when this came up.

My recollection back in the day when Nobel was the go to powder was that the colour code on the charts above referred to those little granules in the powder.

I was just given a couple of tins of Nobel 80 and 84. Both have been opened but the powder smells good. However the colour granules in both tins are both a pale yellow colour.

Does anyone have experience with these decades old powders?

Has the colour just degraded or is it more likely these are actually Nobel 82.

Thanks 

On 04/05/2018 at 11:21, otblue said:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread again but I was searching for a comparison between the 60 and 80's series when this came up.

My recollection back in the day when Nobel was the go to powder was that the colour code on the charts above referred to those little granules in the powder.

I was just given a couple of tins of Nobel 80 and 84. Both have been opened but the powder smells good. However the colour granules in both tins are both a pale yellow colour.

Does anyone have experience with these decades old powders?

Has the colour just degraded or is it more likely these are actually Nobel 82.

Thanks 

I have a lb & half of Nobel 62 formerly no 2 it to has yellow specks.

9 hours ago, mecman said:

I have a lb & half of Nobel 62 formerly no 2 it to has yellow specks.

Thanks. Seems to confirm that the coloured specks degrade to yellow over time.

I have now calculated the VMD of these powders and they are different powders despite the same colour code.

• 1 year later...

Hello, this topic sure is old haha. I am an Aussie (Albury southern NSW) who has loaded with ADI powders and also found a pound of Nobel 80 once. I'm 20 and inherited my press and a large amount of components and they were useful in learning to shoot affordably when I was younger. I have just found a 4 pound container of 82 which seems to have been sealed for a long time. I was wondering if I could load up some 8s and 7.5s in 1200 and 1300fps loads for DTL. Ounce loads preferably. Also might try some 4s and BBs in 32 gram loads. I have a number of WAA12 white wads. Can get any primers (work at a LGS) and have 1000s of old compression AA cases. Also if possible I'd give it a try in my 20Ga. Any advice with this would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

It's surprising how much of these old nobel powders are still floating around out there.  I still have some 80 and 82 powders.  Other powders  came along such as Hurco, green dot, red dot, unique  and the like and the old stuff just sat there. They need loading up and moving them skyward. Somewhere I  have the pink sheet of 80/82 loading.