Sloe Gin

Fatcatsplat

Right - Me gin's all bottled and ready to go. Have had a look for the glycerin i bought from a brewing shop years ago to give it a better "mouth feel" and i can't find it anywhere.

My nearest brewing shop is miles away and i've seen that Boots the chemist sell glycerin - Anyone know if it's one and the same thing?

• 2 weeks later...

ok...bought some today from asda....79p for 38ml.....my boots dont sell it and i figured 38 ml might be enough?

whats the ratio of glycerine to 1 litre of sloe gin?

its my first attempt at making it and didnt want to make loads if im **** at it......

its been on the go for 11 months now and have decided its time to bottle it,

then make dark chocolate with the left over berries.... :drool: ive had that before... :thumbs:

:shaun:

Darkest chocolate you can find (milk chocolate is too sickly)

slowly melt in a bowl over a pan of hot water,

After removing the gin, stone the sloes and place in the melted chocolate (try not to put too much liquer in the mix as the chocolate wont set, it goes like fudge)

line a shallow baking tray with foil (easier to remove) and fill with the mixture,

Leave to set, lift out and cut into small bars.

OR get the smallest bun cases you can find and pour the mixture into them, wait until its nearly set, poke a hole in the top, pour some sloe gin in and seal the top with some plain melted chocolate

very tasty

Darkest chocolate you can find (milk chocolate is too sickly)

slowly melt in a bowl over a pan of hot water,

After removing the gin, stone the sloes and place in the melted chocolate (try not to put too much liquer in the mix as the chocolate wont set, it goes like fudge)

line a shallow baking tray with foil (easier to remove) and fill with the mixture,

Leave to set, lift out and cut into small bars.

OR get the smallest bun cases you can find and pour the mixture into them, wait until its nearly set, poke a hole in the top, pour some sloe gin in and seal the top with some plain melted chocolate

very tasty

Made these for Xmas presents last year, wished we hadn't given them away!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...