The Boar Shooting Ground

grousemoor

The targets are okay, but never vary. They have one long left to right crosser at the very top, which is a decent bird. Rest are all average.

They have a Skeet range, some say two, although it is a year since our last visit. It's a long trek around the ground, which is very hilly. They don't have a tower. Never much queueing.

Worth a visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, thanks for your advice Gordon. It was worth going just for the views and landscape! The driven targets at the top of the ground were interesting in the wind.

I must try out Manchester Clay Shooting Club (Worsley?, that is down your way isn't it? A friend has been and said it is very good.

Its ok, i enjoy it there and there seems to be something for all levels...very relaxed and friendly, always a warm welcome.

But the very best advice you will every get for this place is to wear a good jacket...its bloody freezing up there..!!!!

grousemoor do you shoot around sheffield if so wot grounds do you shoot and are they any good cheers :hmm:

Don't know of any grounds near Sheffield, I come from 'up north'

Its ok, i enjoy it there and there seems to be something for all levels...very relaxed and friendly, always a warm welcome.

But the very best advice you will every get for this place is to wear a good jacket...its bloody freezing up there..!!!!

Thanks for the advice! Do you ever shoot at Park Lodge?