.223 / 5.56mm Ammuntion - Help Please

Hi all, I am desperately trying to find a supplier of Prvi Partizan ammunition somewhere around Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire areas. Does anyone know where this can be purchased around my area? I need to do some zeroing and cheaper shooting due to money problems, and have not managed to get into reloading yet :(

Hope someone has an idea. Thanks all

Hi all, I am desperately trying to find a supplier of Prvi Partizan ammunition somewhere around Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire areas. Does anyone know where this can be purchased around my area? I need to do some zeroing and cheaper shooting due to money problems, and have not managed to get into reloading yet :(

Hope someone has an idea. Thanks all

dont take this the wrong way mate but if your having money problems the first thing to do is stop shooting,unless your shootiong meat for your family dinners,

buy esentials shooting isnt esential its a hobby

good luck

I thought it was a fairly sensible comment really. Shooting is a hobby and if things are that bad then putting it on hold until you've paid off the important stuff isn't a bad idea.

Now and again when my work goes quiet the guns sit in the safe once the ammo I have stored is gone. Spending £100 on ammo when the bank is charging you £5 per day for being overdrawn is silly. :yes:

Just because he doesnt have that much to spend doesnt mean he cant pursue his hobby. Doesnt mean he is missing out on essentials, maybe he only has XXX ammount to spend and wants the most for his money!!!!!!

+1 on peter lawman, a bit further out but quite cheap and a very nice helpfull chap

Edited by M.I.A

dont take this the wrong way mate but if your having money problems the first thing to do is stop shooting,unless your shootiong meat for your family dinners,

buy esentials shooting isnt esential its a hobby

good luck

And this is your business?

Why not answer the question instead of offering your usual unwanted advice?

Jeez the frikking arrogance of it. I understand your banning elsewhere.

Ever hear of 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything?'

Stop shooting? :o Stop buying alcohol, travel less, stop buying rubbish you don't need, etc. but ammo and shooting are essential items. A guy needs to get his priorities in Order :hmm: . Guns,dogs,shooting fishing etc these are essentials to sustaining life on this planet :good:

Good Grief even my wife understands that :rolleyes:

And this is your business?

Why not answer the question instead of offering your usual unwanted advice?

Jeez the frikking arrogance of it. I understand your banning elsewhere.

Ever hear of 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything?'

before you start shoutng the odds here I suggest you get off your high horse and read what I wrote again,I offered my opinion,times are hard at the moment and people are tightening there belts,this means cutting back on the things that are not essential,

I have answered the question with "what I would do" under the circumstances.

my family is more important than throwing bullets down the range,the OP dosent reload but be sure if he was local to me I would be the first to offer load him a batch

now get your head out of your behind and try to understand things correctly

before you start shoutng the odds here I suggest you get off your high horse and read what I wrote again,I offered my opinion,times are hard at the moment and people are tightening there belts,this means cutting back on the things that are not essential,

I have answered the question with "what I would do" under the circumstances.

my family is more important than throwing bullets down the range,the OP dosent reload but be sure if he was local to me I would be the first to offer load him a batch

now get your head out of your behind and try to understand things correctly

There is no high horse - you reply in your usual, well known, offensive standard.

OP did not ask for your financial advise.

You did not answer his question.

As I said earlier if you have nothing nice to say....

Thanks to everyone, Peter Lawman looks worth a shot (no pun intended :D) so will give him a try. Have heard good things about him before from others.

GaryB, The IMI Samson sounds darn cheap! I wonder where they are made. If you do find out where he buys them please drop a note in here as I would be interested in seeing how those shoot in my rifle.

Regarding the financial advice, just for what its worth I said I want cheapest because I have limited funds and this is true. My kids are not starving and I have got a roof over my head! Thanks for the concern there but I really am just looking for the cheapest ammo so I CAN afford to shoot without worrying about the cost. I could buy rounds at a pound a pop if I want, but it would mean very limited time spent zeroing and not as much enjoyment when I pull the trigger. I am not destitute, just looking for the cheapest supplier of .223 and heard good things about the Prvi which at 45-50p a shot is a flipping no brainer. I don't think this means I should give anything up. Also, it isn't just a hobby. I like to play the guitar, thats a hobby to me, so if my guitar needed new strings I would not buy them because it is not important enough, but shooting does provide food for my dogs (the best kind, real natural fresh killed meat) and also meat for my family to eat so its more than a hobby. I could survive without shooting, so water bill comes before it, but its far more than a past time for me :)

Thanks again to all who helped.

GaryB, The IMI Samson sounds darn cheap! I wonder where they are made.

I doubt you will get anything for that price these days, I have boxes of American Eagles (also good/cheap ammo) with £7.80 stuck on them but they are from years ago.

I understand they are almost double that now.

Barnet don't seem to do them any more, or at the moment - but here is there ammo price list for reference.

http://www.gunshop-eb.co.uk/CF%20Sporting%20%20Ammunition.php

There is no high horse - you reply in your usual, well known, offensive standard.

OP did not ask for your financial advise.

You did not answer his question.

As I said earlier if you have nothing nice to say....

offensive,what planet are you on mate,some of you should grow a set and come into the real world,god knows how some of you would carry on acually talking to people direct instead of sat behind your PC,

whats the point of struggling and then buy cheap ammo which may not even perform correctly,you may end up spending even more money wasting shot after shot

sorry but Iam of the opinion if you cant do the job right leave the guns in the cabinet untill you can.

its not nice when one has to tighten there belt and there hobby has to stop for a while,but hopefully it will only be a while in this guys case.

Ackley it won't be at ALL, in "this guy's case". You sound like one of these people who are quite fooled by the clever marketing techniques of all companies, whereby only the most expensive item is "any good" and anything else is "not worth using". Well if you are a millionaire then that's fine, but most of us mortals have to make value for money judgements every time we buy anything. I could buy a Hungarian optic, or a cheaper US or even Chinese scope. Of course they won't be quite as good, but they WILL do the job. I have looked into Prvi ammo and this sort of apparent ignorance crossed with a bit of snobbery didn't prevent many stalkers who i know (previously similarly snobby about price of ammo) from just trying it out. More often than not, the Prvi shot as good or better than their stock ammo which cost twice as much (back then). It's just ludicrous, you are saying that because I can't afford the MOST EXPENSIVE (note that does NOT mean BEST!) that I should give it up til I can afford the most costly ammo. That really is non-sensical unless you are a sales rep for Norma of course! I would expect to hear it from them, but not from an impartial person on a forum.

Prvi ammo from all research I can gleen, is GOOD ammo. Like any other ammo, it needs to be tried in each rifle and may or may not shoot well. You are saying that because it "MAY NOT" shoot well in my rifle, I should not try it and should just hang up the guns until I can buy the most expensive. But the most expensive (as any experience shooter knows) can often not fire well in a gun. Everyone knows this including you no doubt. But to say that the cheap ammo is not worth trying is really quite ridiculous and I find it mildly offensive, basically saying shooting is a rich man's game and if you can't buy the best you should not be doing it. Sorry Ackely but that's the kind of snobbery that prevents me joining a golf club, I think your mindset belongs in a snobby golf club where you can look down on those who can't afford the membership of the most expensive club. It a loop this which is designed to keep prices high, and keep morons striving to pay the most for things, AT THE EXPENSE OF FINDING THE BEST QUALITY IN ANYTHING.

I will shoot Prvi if I can get it cheap, I won't feel like a leper and I am sure I will kill plenty of game with them, IF they shoot well. If they don't, then I will have to think again, but I will not deny myself the use of them purely because of their price tag.

I've never seen any in Herts.

But can't say I've looked too hard either...

Nickbeardo uses IMI Samson 55grn, and I think that works out about £9 a box - no idea where he buys it from though - maybe barnet ?

all of my suppliers have finally run out :( (still i have 300 in the cabinet) - IMI stands for Israeli Military Industries (though it was civilian .223 ammo).

Oh and Ackley it was about £11 for 20 - which produce a very nice clover leaf at 100 yards thank you very much.

offensive,what planet are you on mate,some of you should grow a set and come into the real world,god knows how some of you would carry on acually talking to people direct instead of sat behind your PC,

whats the point of struggling and then buy cheap ammo which may not even perform correctly,you may end up spending even more money wasting shot after shot

sorry but Iam of the opinion if you cant do the job right leave the guns in the cabinet untill you can.

its not nice when one has to tighten there belt and there hobby has to stop for a while,but hopefully it will only be a while in this guys case.

Such a f r e a c k i n g know-it-all keyboard-warrior expert.

Have seen many of your musings and can say you are a real 'big' man(in your own eyes).

Your opinion is always spouted without thinking, you come across as arrogant for example buy a $500 annealing machine, read the instructions, hey presto sudden annealing expert.

You obviously think so lowly of everyone else while piling on your opinion, you forget that some here do actually know better than you.

Anyway rant over, Ackley do us all a favour and keep your unwanted uninformed opinions to yourself.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

Edited by chockmoose

all of my suppliers have finally run out :( (still i have 300 in the cabinet)

Hi, I take it you are not offering those 300 for sale?!

Obviously I can't collect because I haven't got a Rolls Royce, but hopefully you have then we can meet up without denying our families "fit and proper transportation"

:D :D :D :D

Will do thanks. I don't agree with lying by the way, and you are clearly lying about them being "accurate fox droppers", as they are cheap so they just can't be. I bet you don't even wear Prada sunglasess, do you realise people like us are the chavs of the shooting world? I feel awful about it really.

Such a f r e a c k i n g know-it-all keyboard-warrior expert.

Have seen many of your musings and can say you are a real 'big' man(in your own eyes).

Your opinion is always spouted without thinking, you come across as arrogant for example buy a $500 annealing machine, read the instructions, hey presto sudden annealing expert.

You obviously think so lowly of everyone else while piling on your opinion, you forget that some here do actually know better than you.

Anyway rant over, Ackley do us all a favour and keep your unwanted uninformed opinions to yourself.

My apologies for hijacking this thread.

LOL "key board warrior" thats a good one,yes I bought a $500 machine,so what I wanted one,can you show me where I have said Iam an expert ??? as I havnt said anyhting to that effect,however I do know what Iam doing judging amount the amount of brass I get sent :lol:

I dont think lowly of anyone,unlike your good self with your ranting.

I have offered my "opinion" on what I would do if I was short of money,if you dont like it thats your problem not mine,its not offensive or arogant unlike your posts.

seems Iam just a bad a55 who knows sod all :D I will tell that to the local guy tonight who was just going to spend £86 on 3 boxes of factory ammo whos coming up to have a 100 round reloaded for him for free.

Will do thanks. I don't agree with lying by the way, and you are clearly lying about them being "accurate fox droppers", as they are cheap so they just can't be. I bet you don't even wear Prada sunglasess, do you realise people like us are the chavs of the shooting world? I feel awful about it really.

Would you hate me if i told you i do own a pair of Prada sunglasses ;)

Ackley it won't be at ALL, in "this guy's case". You sound like one of these people who are quite fooled by the clever marketing techniques of all companies, whereby only the most expensive item is "any good" and anything else is "not worth using". Well if you are a millionaire then that's fine, but most of us mortals have to make value for money judgements every time we buy anything. I could buy a Hungarian optic, or a cheaper US or even Chinese scope. Of course they won't be quite as good, but they WILL do the job. I have looked into Prvi ammo and this sort of apparent ignorance crossed with a bit of snobbery didn't prevent many stalkers who i know (previously similarly snobby about price of ammo) from just trying it out. More often than not, the Prvi shot as good or better than their stock ammo which cost twice as much (back then). It's just ludicrous, you are saying that because I can't afford the MOST EXPENSIVE (note that does NOT mean BEST!) that I should give it up til I can afford the most costly ammo. That really is non-sensical unless you are a sales rep for Norma of course! I would expect to hear it from them, but not from an impartial person on a forum.

Prvi ammo from all research I can gleen, is GOOD ammo. Like any other ammo, it needs to be tried in each rifle and may or may not shoot well. You are saying that because it "MAY NOT" shoot well in my rifle, I should not try it and should just hang up the guns until I can buy the most expensive. But the most expensive (as any experience shooter knows) can often not fire well in a gun. Everyone knows this including you no doubt. But to say that the cheap ammo is not worth trying is really quite ridiculous and I find it mildly offensive, basically saying shooting is a rich man's game and if you can't buy the best you should not be doing it. Sorry Ackely but that's the kind of snobbery that prevents me joining a golf club, I think your mindset belongs in a snobby golf club where you can look down on those who can't afford the membership of the most expensive club. It a loop this which is designed to keep prices high, and keep morons striving to pay the most for things, AT THE EXPENSE OF FINDING THE BEST QUALITY IN ANYTHING.

I will shoot Prvi if I can get it cheap, I won't feel like a leper and I am sure I will kill plenty of game with them, IF they shoot well. If they don't, then I will have to think again, but I will not deny myself the use of them purely because of their price tag.

Iam not "fooled" by anything mate I like to save as much as possable but if I cant afford to do something properly I will wait untill I can,but there comes a point if something dosent work why try to use it just because its cheap

where not debating if privi shoots,we all know it does in some rifles,were talking about being short on money to be able to pay for ours hobbies

my point is why struggle is funds are tight,have a few weeks off un till your back up to speed again,I know its hard to stop doing something you enjoy but it wont last forever

by the way Iam as far from a "snob" as you can get :lol: