ghillie suits

ronttuk

Has anyone bought a ghillie suit from www.ghilliesuit.co.uk they look good value just looking for a bit of feedback

I got one, excellent value for money, and good for in woodland, wouldn´t want to go through briars with it though, and a bit over the top for decoying, but like I said, fantastic in woodland :good:

i think the suits you are lookiing at are a bit overkill(personal opinion) but hold a pretty good price, i use the bushwear (LLCS) ghilly, its very light and simply pulls over your exsisting clothes! i really rate them, fantastic at this time a year as roost shooting will soon be an availible option witch is great fun! you can move around in them as if you never had it on so its not big and clumsy or neither dos it get you to hot. birds really do not spook easy when wereing one of these, i was well suprised! its also give me some realy fun shooting like just sitting against headge rows or under sitty trees. great for when you just fancy one of them light carry shoots/walks after work, hope this helps a little good look.

I have had one for about 5 years they are great mine has started wearing abit thin in places as they do snag on sticks ect but i have just shreded a few pairs of lightweight army trousers and stiched thin strips in its helped give it a leaf type of affect and blends in great well worth the money.

I wasn't to keen on the mesh over the face so i cut that out and kust use a face vail

not so bad mate, a few health probs, all part of growing old I suppose,lol, but still standing, still into bikes, missus has her own, but keeps pinching mine, and of course, still love shooting pests, how bout you :hmm: now you want to impersonate a bush :D

same as you really a few health problems, getting grey hair and diabetes,I gave up riding bikes couldn't be bothered putting all the **** on to go for a ride, so I went back to fast cars, I got married aswell found a good one hopefully third time lucky, the ghillie suit is about the only type of cammo I aint got and this shoot of mine has just 2 hedgerows to hide against apart from that its like an ikea kitchen open plan,

Edited by ronttuk

Thanks guys I will be using mine for a rabbit shoot I have which has no cover at all its just open paddocks.

Exactly why I bought one a few years ago. Totally open paddocks no cover.

I feel like a bit of a tool wearing it, but I can lay in open field 30 yards out from the fence lines and essentially look like a bush.

Got mine on the bay, all burlap and mesh.

in fact ron, Ive always fancied getting one myself :lol: for a little permission I have over theydon way, as Ive packed up smoking these last two weeks, maybe I should buy one myself after payday as a treat to myself,

this is the one I would order,

http://www.ghilliesuit.co.uk/

prehaps we should get them, get someone to take panaramic countryside shots/pictures, the have a "spot the hunter/plonker" type competition :D:good:

Edited by stubby

ok, so it came this morning,

first impression out of the bag was poor build quaility, nothing like the pictures on the website, but after taking it all out of the bag, I can sort of see that it'll work, not that Ive tried it on yet, instead I opted for dressing my step son in the jacket and hood instead, my street cred with the kids has just gone up by 100% with him and his mates, as they had just come back from playing "nerf" wars, and his mate from next door was, WOW, your dads got a camo car, now a camo suit etc,lol :lol:

IMAG0055.jpg

I made mine out of an old camo jacket, 1 inch square friut netting and died string. The string I found on empty roll cages at the back of a local wharehouse, I asked and they said help yourself we have to pay people to remove it. I died the string dark green, light green and brown. I use it for walking up rabbits with the air gun, I think they are too shocked to run away or I miss them and they die of laughter!!!

gilliesuit003.jpg

gilliesuit006-1.jpg

gilliesuit006.jpg

Edited by pigeon controller