ghillie suits

ronttuk

do you realize stubby apart from my family ive known you longer than anyone else ive ever met scary !!

the scary thing ron, is somewhere in the attic I have a photo album, with a picture of a blonde kid holding a cine type camera somewhere in wales :hmm: Ill have to dig it out and scan it, :D

god, if ron's coming, he'll eat everything, inc the bait :blink:

do we have a postcode yet, or something I can sat-nav

SG12 8DH

This will take you to the Jolly Fisherman Pub, which is just past where we need to be.

As you enter Stanstead Abbotts, cross the mini roundabout and then take the first left, I think it is called Amwell Road.

(This before the level crossing and the Jolly Fisherman) travel about 500 yards down this road and you will see a silver and green L200 on the right hand side, that will be me.

If you phone me on the mobile I will meet you on the junction, what car types and colour am I looking for?

See you tomorrow

the scary thing ron, is somewhere in the attic I have a photo album, with a picture of a blonde kid holding a cine type camera somewhere in wales :hmm: Ill have to dig it out and scan it, :D

[/quote

Ive got a cine film (converted to dvd) of st micheals church play group we were about 3 I even think your mums in it!!! :blush:

Edited by ronttuk

thanks for the heads up on the postcode terry, we will be in a 3 door camo painted vitara, so you may not be able to see us fully :lol::lol::lol:

Ive got a cine film (converted to dvd) of st micheals church play group we were about 3 I even think your mums in it!!! :blush:

christ mate, that your've got to show us, I was wondering how long we had known each other, and I did'nt go that far back :blush:

just had a call from the permission owner that I thought my guille suit would work well at, apart from wanting me to go over and bait up the rat boxes, seems he's over run with rabbits and magpies again, so I'll be there at 7am sunday morning, see how it goes

• 1 month later...

in fact ron, Ive always fancied getting one myself :lol: for a little permission I have over theydon way, as Ive packed up smoking these last two weeks, maybe I should buy one myself after payday as a treat to myself,

this is the one I would order,

http://www.ghilliesuit.co.uk/

prehaps we should get them, get someone to take panaramic countryside shots/pictures, the have a "spot the hunter/plonker" type competition :D:good:

That is an amazing price for a ghillie suit. About half the price of the others on the market. I shoot bunnies over a golf course but I am also a member of said golf course. The problem with a ghillie suit is if I went shooting up there wearing one, I would never live it down. Ive got used to my knickname up the course but I dread to think what would happen.

There is a firm on Canvey that will supply mesh and hemp strands so you can make your own suit up. The guy only does mail order but he does about 4 different colours of hemp and sells the mesh as well. You order the colours as you want. I got some and made up a wrap for my rifle. Breaks up the outline a treat.

In most cases I shoot under the lamp so there is no problem. Summer time is a bit different but that's where field craft and ordinary camo comes in.