zeroing

Guest pigeonbasher

Guest pigeonbasher
post-923-1147717863.jpg.17 hmr was shooting a bit eratic last time out so i thought ill give it a good clean, first time, other than a quick pullthrough with the boresnake, filled the barrel with forest bore cleaning foam, left it overnight, patched it out this morning, went out to play, and as you can see, cant get better than this. 85 yds, shooting of wing mirror

Thats just one shot :yp: Il be impressed when I see a group of 10 at under the size of a 5 pence at that range

did i miss summat ??

there is three shots on that target and they wont fit under a 5 pound note let alone a 5 pence piece :yp: :lol:

Perhaps you should look at possible contributary factors. Check that the screws that keep the action in are nice and tight. If you use a moderator check that it too hasnt taken a knock etc. Has the trigger become stiff and also consider the scope. I would also try nech resting the rifle rather than shooting off the wing mirror. If none of this helps get the rifle into your local smith to have a look at.

TRY HITTING A DRAWING PIN AT 100 :lol::lol:

Try seeing a drawing pin at 100 yds :P:P:P:P:D

You can with a S & B Scope. ;)

you can with a Nikko sterling as well :angry:

As said the first few shots after cleaning can be a little erratic it should then calm down. Put 10 shots through then show us a group of 5 from as solid a rest as possible then see how it is

You can see it with an S&B but you would be hard pressed to hit it. The reticle will cover an inch at 100 yards and a drawing pin is a lot less than that?:angry:?:lol:?:lol:?;)

The reticle will completely cover the pin :P

When im zeroing I use 1" orange spots and can only just see the edges behind the reticle.

You can see it with an S&B but you would be hard pressed to hit it. The reticle will cover an inch at 100 yards and a drawing pin is a lot less than that?:angry:?:lol:?:lol:?;)

The reticle will completely cover the pin :P

When im zeroing I use 1" orange spots and can only just see the edges behind the reticle.

Thats what i ment, you can see it, hitting it is a another matter. :P

Altough, i regularly hit very small peices of broken clays on the range, about 1/2 inch. :P

Try having a crack at some rabbits 400 yards away with that big reticle though, you dont see much rabbit behind it. Crows are even worse, they just seem to blend into the reticle. I used to switch to a leupold 8.5-25 with a fine duplex for crow shooting times but i sold it in a moment of madness. I still think S&B are the best but they do need to bring out some 2nd focal plane models.

Try having a crack at some rabbits 400 yards away with that big reticle though, you dont see much rabbit behind it. Crows are even worse, they just seem to blend into the reticle. I used to switch to a leupold 8.5-25 with a fine duplex for crow shooting times but i sold it in a moment of madness. I still think S&B are the best but they do need to bring out some 2nd focal plane models.

I agree. I have not had much sucsess with very long range crows and bunnys.