Ceasar guerini

Mike525steel

I was at a local clay shoot today in Cheshire and had the pleasure of looking at the guns that ceasar geureni brought along

The guns were really impressive and the guys on the stand were extremely helpful

They were keen to let you have a go and had plenty of time to answer all your questions...

Super impressed!!!!! I think I want one

I was at a local clay shoot today in Cheshire and had the pleasure of looking at the guns that ceasar geureni brought along

The guns were really impressive and the guys on the stand were extremely helpful

They were keen to let you have a go and had plenty of time to answer all your questions...

Super impressed!!!!! I think I want one

I'm seriously looking at one in 20bore, but I keep arguing with myself to just get another beretta and be done with it.

I've tested and reviewed several of these guns over the last....3 years or so and I have to say that they really do shoot very well indeed.

However the price of them is now not so good. When they first came into the country they were very good for the money but over the last couple of years the price of them has rocketed and to be honest, they really aren't worth the money any more. The resale value is not as good as others and they are still a bit young shall we say to judge reliability. Saying that I have had quite a few reports from gun shops that they are not so hot on the reliability side if used heavily, so beware. ;)

Without getting too hysterical, there are only a tiny handful of guns that put up with being used. The K80, the Perazzi, the DT10 and the 682. The rest include some very nice shootable stuff but they all ultimately suffer from slack bladders.

"Ding Ding"

Let battle comence :blink:

I have owned a Guerini and currently have Blaser F3, Beretta 682E Gold and a Miroku MK38, among others. All seem built to last.

I was a little surprised to see Browning / Miroku missing from the "able to stand a lot of work" list. I have heard horror stories about DT10s and was even more surprised to see a Krieghoff rated highly. :hmm: :hmm:

I have heard horror stories about DT10s

So have I, but mine has been abused by me shooting 100 to 200 + carts every week for quite a few years now, never been serviced, never let me down and it was 2nd hand when I got it. I think its the luck of the draw with them, get a good one and you are sorted. :good:

So have I, but mine has been abused by me shooting 100 to 200 + carts every week for quite a few years now, never been serviced, never let me down and it was 2nd hand when I got it. I think its the luck of the draw with them, get a good one and you are sorted. :good:

It's fairly well known that very early guns had problems but anything built in the last few years will be bullet proof. The reason I deliberately left the Miroku and Brownings off is that they do seem to work a bit loose with heavy use, and firing pin/ejector probs aren't unheard of either.

The K80 is not on my must have list as I think it's overpriced but as a work horse tank it has few peers.

It's fairly well known that very early guns had problems but anything built in the last few years will be bullet proof. The reason I deliberately left the Miroku and Brownings off is that they do seem to work a bit loose with heavy use, and firing pin/ejector probs aren't unheard of either.

The K80 is not on my must have list as I think it's overpriced but as a work horse tank it has few peers.

That's me sorted then, as mine is an adjustable 'memory' stock, the first ones were not 'memory' stocks :good:.

I had my dads old Browning Citori work a bit loose when I got hold of it, but my Browning ultra XS was rock steady.

Edited by timps

I'm surprised lanbers havn't made the list. They're great solid guns have excellent build quality and have the added bonus of being cheap.

:lol: :lol: , I like it, you have my kind of humour. Seriously though Lanbers are on the list, you just have to google guns to avoid. :lol: :lol:

I can only speak as I find but I've shot mine for close to a dozen years and that's the first issue I've heard of. Lots of people can't shoot them, which is another matter. There are certain things that just don't work with them, but when you learn to use one properly you will never want to use anything else! Back on topic- cg, not bad as long as you don't shoot them too hard!

One of the lads I see shooting most weeks had a Krieghoff - he is a top shot - England shooter - hates them. He can tell you real horror stories about their "reliability".

Now shoots a Miroku MK 38 grade 5.

I know a few that have them as well and most, if not all, have also had problems.

I'm a bit of a browning fan I have to admit but i've just peeled off the best part of 3k for a Caesar Guerini Maxum, 30 inch barrels solid game rib, in a 20 bore. Why? Because the gun is perfect for me and better than everything else I looked at and tried in the price bracket. In the unlikely event anything goes wrong they can have it back and return my hard earnt. So far i've put naff all through it, maybe 1000 or so and everything has been faultless.

Good luck with this comment should you ever have problems. Whitebridges said " In the unlikely event anything goes wrong they can have it back and return my hard earnt."

If anyone knows of a gunshop that has a full refund policy, I would like to try a Krieghoff for twelve months. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ive had a maxum 30 inch sporter for 2 years now done game and clays and been totaly faultless, ive had grade 5 brownings and 686's and think this thing feels better made.

As for the rest I dont care what gun you buy it can break but thankfully there are plenty of ceasar guerini dealers nowdays and parts are easily replaced ive heard the easar guerini uk agents are very good to deal with.

I used to work for holland and holland and heard of a customer who bought a pair of royals and went the africa to shoot doves and the heat seized both guns good job he took his relatively cheap pair of backup brownings.

Just goes to show you get good and bad no matter what you pay I know of someone who had alot of probs with a barreta s06 and another who has probs with his kreigoff I can outshoot both with my ceasar guerini, have any of the critics owned one by any chance?

I dont see what is better for the price even the current price.