Recommend some wellies

dan-250

Well guys. It's getting to that time of year again where it's always boggy and sludgy. Just wondering if you chaps could recommend some wellies, that will keep me dry, toes warm, and last a year. Or some good waterproof boots . They'll just be used for general wear, walking the dogs, in fields, snow, dont need to be safety ones as there not dor farm work. Can't break the bank on these. So not to exensive please.

Any help is awesome as I really don't no what's in a good pair. Mine before have been from discount shoes at around a fiver but fed up having cold feet in the winter time for a better pair before the big rush is on when the snow gets here

To be fair pal, the best wellies I ever had were 15quid from yorkshire trading, just plain old green ones, nothing flash.

I got a size too big so I could wear thick socks in them for warmth.

Got them about 4year ago and they still sit in the garage as my back up pair.

If your not happy to spend too much the Hunter Balamore and Le Chameau's cheaper ones should be good. But imo if you buy a good pair to start with you will have the pleasure of warm, comfy boots and they will last years. My dads had his Chameau vierzonords for about 6 years and they are showing no signs of giving up. I got myself a pair last year and would definatley recoomend them!

Being a tight old *** I suffered frozen toes in a pair of cheap wellies a size to big ( meant for extra socks in the winter)for years. They split in the end, lasted ages for cheapies but through a fit of madness I bought a pair of cammo muck boots on an Uttings promotion. It was like jumping into a warm spa in the middle of winter, like stalking in your slippers and very quiet. Even after a year of ownership I still look down at em, wiggle me toes and wallow in the luxury with a smile on me face.

Being a tight old *** I suffered frozen toes in a pair of cheap wellies a size to big ( meant for extra socks in the winter)for years. They split in the end, lasted ages for cheapies but through a fit of madness I bought a pair of cammo muck boots on an Uttings promotion. It was like jumping into a warm spa in the middle of winter, like stalking in your slippers and very quiet. Even after a year of ownership I still look down at em, wiggle me toes and wallow in the luxury with a smile on me face.

You must of been wearing the wrong socks.

I have worn my cheapies on the estuary in well below 0degree conditions and never got cold toes!

I would second that about Muck Boots - very good

You won't be disapointed with muckboot's.

Iv'e had my avon camo one's for three year's now and they are still going strong. :good:

Hopefully they will last, and the same model and camo, snap !! Got them for 48 plus 4 postage ? Is that a good price ? Or have I just been diddled