Recommend some wellies

dan-250

Awesome , I'll be happy when there here then. Pleased I found a bargain today, won a competition yesterday, all is going well now if only that feo chap would hurry up and interview me :) and in a week the dog can go out for his first walk, bring on the wellies to get muddy !!

You'll be glad you didnt choose Hunters (neoprene) - I have a pair and have normal feet but they are a close fit in my size.

Hinders wearing thick socks as they then chafe if its gets warm I reckon muck boots are best - all the farmers cant be wrong.

I do like le chameaux bt they are quite flexible rubber and a high sole so you find you can 'fall off' them in hard rutted ground.

All the best - Kes

Would the regatta neoprene ones be any good. Under £30 ? I no you pay for quality but I no you pay alot for named brands

exactly what i got from the midland game fair, and they are really good quality, thick neoprene lining comfortable, and the warmest wellies i,ve had :yes:

Edited by yickdaz

What is the fit like on the Muck Boots? Is a 10 an actual 10 or would I be better going off with a size 11 to allow for a decent pair of socks?

Does anyone know if the Derwent and Tay designs are of a similar spec to the Avon? I quite fancy the Avon but would prefer a non camo pair for when I'm out on family days etc. Thanks.

What is the fit like on the Muck Boots? Is a 10 an actual 10 or would I be better going off with a size 11 to allow for a decent pair of socks?

Does anyone know if the Derwent and Tay designs are of a similar spec to the Avon? I quite fancy the Avon but would prefer a non camo pair for when I'm out on family days etc. Thanks.

Don't no, I ordered an 8 because I'm an 8 but I likethem tight so they don't slotch. So if they feel baggy I'll ware some big socks too. And with the camo you could probably put black shoe polish on them to cover it up. To the other models I read them to have a different boot sole. You can get the Avon in just normal colours but I got the camo as there cheaper. If they are heavier to some other wellies I don't really mind I wear big work boots all day anyways, so can cope with that side of things .

Got my muckers today, fit like a glove and like slippers. Very pleased with the feel of them, look really good. My neighbour has already tried nicking them, says he wants some now, and they don't feel too heavy, feel about the same as my normal shoes. Cheers for recommending them lads

Oh and order the size you are in normal shoes not a size to big, mine have just enough room for a nice thick pair of socks and fit perfect

Cheap but a great boot for the money, Sports Direct were doing them a month or so ago for £11.00, just like muck boots

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_067VA21827501P?isABTestAvl=true&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=18-84215686-2&i_cntr=1318972848399&sid=IDx20070921x00003j

I bought a pair of these to use as my dog walking wellies, absolute bargain, great value!

This question comes up so often and rightly so, but............unless you've had a really good pair of wellies you're totally oblivious to what they offer. Like most items of clothing/footwear you get what you pay for and after talking to loads of people who wear them year in and out in horrible conditions you can't go wrong with Aigle, Le Chameau, Toggies etc. I have Aigle Parcours ISO's and they are fantastic (if a little tight around the ankle) and if mine went south tomorrow i'd buy another pair from one of these mfrs.....they've been making 'em for years for good reason :good:, having said that I have a beaten up old pair of Hunter Torlundy's that have been utterly brilliant but take some looking after, they are frowned upon by some but for me they are like slippers and have never let me down :good:

• 2 weeks later...