Goose Shooting Scotland

duck hunter

personally wouldn't ever go with a guide, too many 'wrong uns' and negative stories.

Where have you been? Plenty of farmers will let you have a go if they are damaging the land..sometimes a few quid or a bottle of scotch may sway their decision.

Maybe look at joining a wildfowling club closer to home and get an experienced fowler to take you out.

Edited by TJ91

personally wouldn't ever go with a guide, too many 'wrong uns' and negative stories.

Where have you been? Plenty of farmers will let you have a go if they are damaging the land..sometimes a few quid or a bottle of scotch may sway their decision.

Maybe look at joining a wildfowling club closer to home and get an experienced fowler to take you out.

Once again you are living in cloud cuckoo land. Mark Robson or Dupplin estates IMHO for Fife and P&K.

• 6 years later...

I am a retired keeper living in Dumfries & Galloway Scotland , I am still able to take out a few shooting parties each season

on several private inland estates mornings goose decoying over crop fields evenings shooting both geese & ducks over private inland lochs and rivers

farmhouse  accommodation dogs a must have informal  home from home kennels

only do a few days a season each season so its first come basis always plenty of Geese Unlike these commercial shooting hotels that take out 20 guns a days

we don't allow overshooting basc bag limits --Give me a bell 07516235586

GOOSE.jpg

Never shot with DV sporting (lucky enough to get sport for free) but he brings customers to shoot on the farm i live on and he has had good days on geese there and i believe his customers have shot over 700 pigeons on the place recently 

another for Mark Robson... but remember, no matter how good the guide, there is no guarantee.....

Mark does his homework and I have not heard of complaints about him.  He did fine by me when I used his services.

On 28/05/2018 at 15:55, bradesbounty said:

I am a retired keeper living in Dumfries & Galloway Scotland , I am still able to take out a few shooting parties each season

on several private inland estates mornings goose decoying over crop fields evenings shooting both geese & ducks over private inland lochs and rivers

farmhouse  accommodation dogs a must have informal  home from home kennels

only do a few days a season each season so its first come basis always plenty of Geese Unlike these commercial shooting hotels that take out 20 guns a days

we don't allow overshooting basc bag limits --Give me a bell 07516235586

GOOSE.jpg

If memory serves - isn't there a silhouette of a Fox (crow/bird scarer) on the bank just to to right of this photo 

On 29/05/2018 at 15:42, Salmo said:

Mark Robson ...... but I think he will be fully booked 

16 hours ago, oxfordfowler said:

If memory serves - isn't there a silhouette of a Fox (crow/bird scarer) on the bank just to to right of this photo 

The estates do use bird scarers from time to time especially this time of the year when the resident geese get onto the corn fields

34 minutes ago, Salmo said:

The geese won’t give a blue monkeys **** about that , you can almost walk up to them 

Quite right but in order to get a special licence to shoot them out of season ?? You have to qualify by doing this firstly

That's why the Estates get license each year to shoot them ?? Bet you thought we were silly people Mr Salmo

14 hours ago, Salmo said:

Not at all , greylag are on a general license but I shot both on full license and never again . It’s not for me 

It Doesn't really  matter what licence the Graylag or Canada Geese ETC .Come under out of season They still get shot at to deter them from destroying the crops  and its illegal to charge anybody to shoot them                                                                                                                                                                                                                                The Hotels are booked up now for next season to shoot the same Geese over the same fields & crops at very high prices ,Obviously you don't shoot Geese anymore 

2 hours ago, Salmo said:

I’m only commenting on geese in general ..... I shoot geese twice a week and love it and only said I’ll never shoot out of season again 

If you are saying on Ethical grounds you don't shoot geese out of season ?? That's your prerogative . But i bet you shoot  wood pigeons & crows with the eggs and young in their  nests leaving them starving to Death .And i also bet you even brag to your pals and on pigeon watch sites of how many hundreds you shot last week.

I don't think you are living in the real world , And certainly you have never owned a farm or done manual work on a farm for a living otherwise you would not open your mouth, These estates need to carry out this control for their livelihoods otherwise they would go bankrupt like many farms are doing as we speak.

The RSPB Imbeciles and people like yourself  that would say let the farms go bankrupt and the farmers & there kids " Starve to death, - So that all the Birds can live and keep us all in soft office jobs on £120,00 per year Just looking through Binoculars all day  and killing young birds in mist nets or putting on the birds of Prey  hugh collars around their necks they cannot preen because of these collars  lice & mites scabies mange move in , And stupid metal rings round the legs that freeze up solid in the winter months so they cannot even perch   Most of these birds Die because they cannot catch their Prey it interferes with there flight patterns and  Courtship & mating  rituals . These people are the Devils in Disguise. NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT