ferals n racing pigeons

pigeonstew

had a good day today shooting mostly feral pigeons but unfortunatly i hit a racing pigeon ....ive kept its ring but dont know if theres a proceedure or if i have to inform any one as this is someones property ..would be gratful for any advice as feel a bit ****** of as i couldnt see it was ringed and it was with several dozen birds that were coming in at regular intervals.... :blush: cheers :blush:

had a good day today shooting mostly feral pigeons but unfortunatly i hit a racing pigeon ....ive kept its ring but dont know if theres a proceedure or if i have to inform any one as this is someones property ..would be gratful for any advice as feel a bit ****** of as i couldnt see it was ringed and it was with several dozen birds that were coming in at regular intervals.... :blush: cheers :blush:

if its a racing bird living with ferals it doesnt deserve a space in the racing loft and would proberly be culled if it was returned.thats the way the racing lads would see it mate.

Edited by foxnet22

i wouldn't worry about it too much, i'm sure there are loads of lost racers mixing with ferals. you can either pm me the ring number and i'll notify the owner or report it here-

http://www.rpra.org/StrayPigeonReportingGuide/tabid/104/Default.aspx

either way i'm sure the owner would appreciate being told.

apache beat me to it.

Edited by paul1966

Just so you don't feel left out some ferals come into the paten earler. Out of 25 ferals 4 was ringed. All 2011 birds. I just take the ring of and add them to my collection.

lol seems a good hobby did you get my shout on fb ????

Just say nothing. Could be a £50,000 bird.

no.....it defo wasnt carrying any money ****