Rats

Crow killer

Very strange question if you don't mind me saying, most people want them gone for good but i understand why you want them back.I suppose if you just left all sorts of scraps of food and perhaps some other dead animals.Not that i really know what i'm talking about. Suppose you could always try some cheese :lol: anyway hope you have some luck, happy huntin :lol:

Cat food is ideal rat bait.

The cheaper the better because it generally smells stronger the cheaper it is.

Its best if you liquidise it too so they have to say around long enough for you to get a shot or two, otherwise they grab a chunk and disappear off to eat it .

Another trick to try is to get 2 housebricks, preferably the ones with frogs in ( thats the void in the top which you fill with cement ).

You fill the void with the contents of a tin of sardines ensuring some of the sauce runs down the side of the brick. Now place the other brick on the top so the rats can smell the sardines but cannot get at em.

Good luck !

you could try peanuts my grandpa puts loads out everyday to feed the birds and it attracts alot of rats. which is great because when ever i visit i always bag at least 6 and a couple of woodies which he hates as they eat everything in sight.

or what about corn as rats seem to be attracted to it when its in pheasant feeders and my dads friends has some racing pigions and he gets rats in the loft eating the grains he feeds the birds

Having had the chance to shoot rats in a barn that had the game feed left out by the gamekeeper, I would never dream of attracting rats. The number of rats that this barn contained was scary. They would run all around you inbetween you and your gun light. I was shooting them at all angles even in the guttering above my head. From this I would say that a good source of bait is a regular supply of mixed cereals.

Question?

Do rats eat dead rats?

Do rats eat dead rats?

yes i have shot a rats on a number of occasions lamping in barns only to rerturn half an hour later to find one of their mates eating them.i ended up with quite a pile of them one night were they were all stopping at the same spot to eat one another about 5 i think.

I've been out lamping rabbits in the past and after shooting a few, piled them up next to a wall, this was a big mistake! In the time it took to walk along a banking (about five minutes) the rabbits were crawling in rats, some had there eyes missing and others had their ears eaten off. I would say anything dead will do the trick. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

;) Get 3 bricks and a tin of sardins in tomamto sauce and put a sardin in the middle of 2 bricks and out the third brick on top of the other two and put the sauce over the sardin and wait for about 15 mins then you should have a good time with the rats .

Chris B. T.P.C Member. :);) :(