Crown Shoot, our first (full) day

Paul223

First full day on our shoot last Saturday, total bag was a very modest 33 birds ( not going to say how many shots :blush::blush::blush: ), a few pigeon watch members in this pic, magman, magboy, philmypower and myself :good:

A great very enjoyable day had by all, after a pre season filled with a awful lot of hard work

next shoot sat 5th Nov and we have some pigeon watch guests from down south :good:

2011-10-22_15-25-17_582.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done nice start to season. Sorry I havent been intouch yet still been trying to work out what I'm doing. Have decided to bring my dad along and will be coming up on satuday morning and will unfourtunetly be traveling back same day after the grub in pub. Realy looking forward to the day. Can you give me your phone number and address of where we are meeting. Had my first duck on the marsh this week starting to get the bug again.

First full day on our shoot last Saturday, total bag was a very modest 33 birds ( not going to say how many shots :blush::blush::blush: ), a few pigeon watch members in this pic, magman, magboy, philmypower and myself :good:

A great very enjoyable day had by all, after a pre season filled with a awful lot of hard work

next shoot sat 5th Nov and we have some pigeon watch guests from down south :good:

Where's the shoot situated? - it cannot be local to me, as I don't recognize anyone.

We had some guests up this week from essex, Essexfluke and his Dad David, Luke won a days shooting with us back in may at the pigeon watch charity shoot raffle, some pics.

Looking down to the guns at the end of the second drive

008.jpg

retrieve, same drive

016.jpg

'top' cover crop on the 4 th drive

017.jpg

023.jpg

Is it time for home boss?

021.jpg

leaving the 4th/5th drive

014.jpg

more to come later with luck

Edited by Paul223

Damn and blast

I thought it was Miss World contestants

Alan

Edited by Alanl50

What a superb day I wasn't sure what the day would be when I chose it as my raffle prize as it just said days shooting north wales. But i am glad I did, great birds some a bit higher than I'm used too especially on the quarry drive when I went from 2 for 2 :good: to 4 for 10 shots :oops: . Also a big thanks to Paul, magman, magboy and everyone else (sorry cant remember everyones names).for there hospitality and banter for us Southerners. Sorry we couldn't stay over but my old mans has told me to make sure I win it next year if its available and we will definitely stay,he even wants to buy tickets as well to increase our chances. Thanks again to Paul I hope you have a great season.

post-17260-0-84694100-1320657402.jpg

Thanks Luke it was good having you over, big thanks to Rob and Jay as every time i looked around whilst organising beaters etc they was keeping our guests company

Total for the day currently stands at 63 picked on the day, picked another 4 from the fish farm pen this morning, going to the Nant later

323 shots!! (glad i was not shooting so can't be blamed for that :lol::whistling: )

What a superb day I wasn't sure what the day would be when I chose it as my raffle prize as it just said days shooting north wales. But i am glad I did, great birds some a bit higher than I'm used too especially on the quarry drive when I went from 2 for 2 :good: to 4 for 10 shots :oops: . Also a big thanks to Paul, magman, magboy and everyone else (sorry cant remember everyones names).for there hospitality and banter for us Southerners. Sorry we couldn't stay over but my old mans has told me to make sure I win it next year if its available and we will definitely stay,he even wants to buy tickets as well to increase our chances. Thanks again to Paul I hope you have a great season.

Was a pleasure mate :good:

Be interesting to see how high the birds get later on in the season :lol:

Thanks Luke it was good having you over, big thanks to Rob and Jay as every time i looked around whilst organising beaters etc they was keeping our guests company

Total for the day currently stands at 63 picked on the day, picked another 4 from the fish farm pen this morning, going to the Nant later

323 shots!! (glad i was not shooting so can't be blamed for that :lol::whistling: )

Just doing my job Captain :P

Ps , should of been a Cock behind stand two at the fish farm :D and a few from the Nant :good:

A great days shooting - well done.

One slight criticism - next time lay your birds out properly and not just in a heap. It makes for a better photo and it also shows respect to your quarry.

On the continent, they have elaborate displays of the shot game at the end of the day, special tunes are played on hunting horns and the owner or shoot captain makes a speech, extolling the game and complimenting the quarry and the skills of the guns.

It seems alien in the British Isles but it is kind of nice and rounds off the day, particularly as there is usually a toast as well!

Good luck next time