Crown Shoot, our first (full) day

Paul223

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they are paired up as far as possible from what you can see, I'm sure its more the photo rather than them being in a heap they look about as well laid out as you can lay braces of pheasants. Looks like a good day was had by all :good:

I am confused - the last pic on this post looks as if it is from a different shoot and the birds in it are set out well enough - it is the first photo that I was commenting on.

No, I have looked again -some people have moved round - the dogs have wandered off and yes the birds have been braced up - well done!

Edited by woodcock11

I quite agree Mr Woodcock, however we have some new to game 'guns' and some new 'guns' full stop, there is only a hand full of experienced game shots in the syndicate and at the mo i have a few other things to get on top of (a lot to do with respect for the quarry) before we look to much into the fine detail. It will all come with time.

I quite agree Mr Woodcock, however we have some new to game 'guns' and some new 'guns' full stop, there is only a hand full of experienced game shots in the syndicate and at the mo i have a few other things to get on top of (a lot to do with respect for the quarry) before we look to much into the fine detail. It will all come with time.

That is terrific - wish you all the luck in the world as you are doing a grand job introducing new guns to shooting in the very best way possible.

May your shoot go from strength to strength - I am sure it will.

First full day on our shoot last Saturday, total bag was a very modest 33 birds ( not going to say how many shots :blush::blush::blush: ), a few pigeon watch members in this pic, magman, magboy, philmypower and myself :good:

A great very enjoyable day had by all, after a pre season filled with a awful lot of hard work

next shoot sat 5th Nov and we have some pigeon watch guests from down south :good:

2011-10-22_15-25-17_582.jpg

Looks good paul,is that John M......r bottom rite??

• 1 month later...

And from yesterday, the best shooting so far this season, some very quick high and challenging birds

27dec036.jpg

45 pheasant, 2 partridge and a woodcock, for 263 shots :good:

we were running a 'Partridge pot' (a sweep for the first Partridge shot) and yesterday this pot went to one of the regular guns, he then decided to donate this pot to the pub after dinner slush fund, fair play :good: . Also we run a sweep for the number of shots for the day, again the winner generously donated it to the sloshed fund :good: and it gets better, the pub, in keeping with the generosity shown by the others, donated the grub money to the completely sloshed up fund :yes::good:

A cracking meal was had by all followed by a few drinks and some good humored banter

As always in the pic above magman, magboy, themissus, philmypower :good:

Ask phil about the soup (or as he called it joke soup) :lol::P

Edited by Paul223

• 2 weeks later...